Wiki Posts
Search

DUS parking (OT? sorry...)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
DUS parking (OT? sorry...)

Question to those of you who have experience with parking a car at DUS.
I've heard stories about cars being broken into/damaged while parked at DUS. Do you feel this is a serious risk? Are any of the parking lots more or less secure than others?

Thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2013, 3:17 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I've not heard about break-ins at DUS official parking lots. But of course parking at the covered parking right at the terminal is more secure than parking at an outside lot with infrequent movements. Maybe "park, sleep&fly" with one of the hotels near the airport could be a good option to think of?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 7:57 am

Maritim Hotel parking

I have good experience with parking in the Maritim hotel underground car park, which is a three minute walk from the terminal. You cannot book directly with the hotel (or only at a very high price) but a couple of websites do offer the option to park there, like this one: http://www.hotels-and-parking-at-the...iefgarage.html

It is cheaper than the other on airport options, and a little more expensive than the shuttle service parking options - but I like that I can park myself, the car is under a roof, and I do not have to wait for a shuttle after a night flight from the US.

You can combine it with a night in the hotel. I believe the rate then is € 135 for the hotel + € 60 for maximum 8 days of parking (but I may be wrong).
Old Nov 29, 2013, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Thanks, that's very useful information.
I will definitely look into the Maritim option.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
For how long?
There's a pretty decent parking lot at the main airport railway station (Q-Park) which I used in the past.
Never had problems with scratches, damages, etc. at DUS.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Andie007
There's a pretty decent parking lot at the main airport railway station (Q-Park)
Requires use of the monorail which can be a hassle with luggage - my personal preference is to park within walking distance from the terminal.

Old Dec 3, 2013, 5:35 pm

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
You have movable walkways at the railway station as also at the terminal. And the walking distance/additional travel time is max 15 mins.

The prices for the q-park facility are approx 1/3 of the Terminal parking lots.

It depends how you travel - in the time I worked out of Duesseldorf, I mostly used T2 for business purposes (which was EUR 22 per day), for private trips I used q-Park (EUR 7 per day plus short trip ticket for monorail).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.