Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum renewal period

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2013, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Platinum renewal period

While I understand the rolling 12 month period for status qualification in principle, I start wondering how it works at platinum level?

I achieved platinum level in March 2013 and therefore have a status validity until 30 April 2014 and re-qualification period until 31 March 2014. So far so good.

But what happens, if I hit the 100'000 Miles mark before 1 March 2014? Will the status validity immediately be extended by 12 months and the period adjusted? Or is it no longer a rolling but rather a static period at platinum level? I obviously hope for the latter, since immediate extension would be a serious disadvantage of platinum status compared to top tiers of other programs.

I appreciate that there are not many FTers with a longer experience, but I understand that some of you have qualified one or two months earlier and might have already passed the 100'000 miles again …
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: Topbonus, Miles&Bonus, Miles&Less
Originally Posted by swiss_global
While I understand the rolling 12 month period for status qualification in principle, I start wondering how it works at platinum level?

I achieved platinum level in March 2013 and therefore have a status validity until 30 April 2014 and re-qualification period until 31 March 2014. So far so good.
AB are .......s in this regard. It is a dynamic timeframe and only those miles count that are valid for status on the 31. March. If you are over 100k on that date, you got one more year plat.

If not, your status will be lowered and you will qualify immediately upon reaching 100k miles within the rolling 12 month period.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
… my issue is rather the contrary one: What happens if I hit the 100k before that date, e.g. in January?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: Topbonus, Miles&Bonus, Miles&Less
Originally Posted by swiss_global
… my issue is rather the contrary one: What happens if I hit the 100k before that date, e.g. in January?
As far as I know, nothing.

TB will only reevaluate your status at the end of your current status, and only then.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

thanks dio1982, we'll see what happens as I'm bound to make the 100k based on existing bookings ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.