Wiki Posts
Search

Is AB still flying to AYT?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2013, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz PC, AMEX PLT
Is AB still flying to AYT?

I want to book a OW award ticket next year from AYT-RDU in late May. AB and AY are the only OW airlines that fly out of AYT. AY only flies certain days of the week and not a Saturday when I need to travel. For some reason, the AB flight schedule ends on April 10. I have been checking every day for months, and a flight schedule does not exist. I cannot find any mention of AB stopping flights to AYT permanently. Does anyone happen to know what's going on?
Old Sep 13, 2013, 12:55 pm

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by dmbtr3
I want to book a OW award ticket next year from AYT-RDU in late May. AB and AY are the only OW airlines that fly out of AYT. AY only flies certain days of the week and not a Saturday when I need to travel. For some reason, the AB flight schedule ends on April 10. I have been checking every day for months, and a flight schedule does not exist. I cannot find any mention of AB stopping flights to AYT permanently. Does anyone happen to know what's going on?
AYT are route with a high proportion on charter/operator tickets. The timetables are a bit odd. The minority of the tickets are sold as normal schedule tickets.

It would be very odd if AB would stop flying there! This is one of their bread and butter routes.

Maybe these flights are still only bookable for tour operators.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tyrolean
AYT are route with a high proportion on charter/operator tickets. The timetables are a bit odd. The minority of the tickets are sold as normal schedule tickets.

It would be very odd if AB would stop flying there! This is one of their bread and butter routes.

Maybe these flights are still only bookable for tour operators.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. I was watching this flight for awhile. There were releasing the schedule in month batches for awhile, then it stopped after April 2014. There is at least a flight a day prior. I should probably just send AB an email.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

I received an answer from AB. They had a partnership with Pegasus for the AYT flights. That partnership is no longer in place and we were told AB is no longer flying to AYT after April 2014.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:56 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
In the meantime, AYT for next summer are up for sale.
You only might find it difficult to avoid an overnight on AYT-DUS/TXL, when you connect there to an US-bound flight, but you might find something like AYT-VIE-DUS-JFK-RDU

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.