Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

How many topbonus miles in longhaul business class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 6:40 am
Original Poster

hello,

I've found quite interesting offer for GDN-TXL-AUH-KUL flight in Air Berlin/Etihad business class and have doubt's, how many miles will I earn for this flight. ITA Matrix shows, that legs TXL-AUH (Air Berlin) and AUH-KUL (Etihad) are in "I" fare. Do I understand correctly, that I'll receive "x 200%" miles for this flight, as it's indicated here: http://www.airberlin.com/de-DE/site/...Name=airberlin?

What exactly does "x 200%" mean?

Best regards, Bartek
Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:56 am
jog

Programs: LH FT, AB Gold, bahn.comfort
Originally Posted by tropikey
I've found quite interesting offer for GDN-TXL-AUH-KUL flight in Air Berlin/Etihad business class and have doubt's, how many miles will I earn for this flight. ITA Matrix shows, that legs TXL-AUH (Air Berlin) and AUH-KUL (Etihad) are in "I" fare. Do I understand correctly, that I'll receive "x 200%" miles for this flight, as it's indicated here: http://www.airberlin.com/de-DE/site/...Name=airberlin?

What exactly does "x 200%" mean?
You should get approx. 14244 topbonus miles each way according to the website of airberlin if you collect miles with their topbonus program (just try to book directly on their website and they show you the amount of miles you will earn). Booking class I indeed gives 200% of the miles flown (in simple words double the amount of miles flown). This also counts for flights on EY if they are booked with AB flight number (codeshare). Since there is no business class on flights GDN-TXL, the booking class/miles credited on this flight will vary. The number above assumes 500 miles for this segment, but correct number might be between 250 and 1500 miles depending on the booking class...
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:38 am
Original Poster

thanks a lot jog :-)

have you ever used AB or EY business class? I've found several mixed opinions on this product in both airlines. Some are very good and some are critical. If I decide to buy these tickets (unfortunately, I have to cover this cost on my own), it'll be my first flight in business class and the last thing I'd like to experience is lack of satisfaction. Particularly that there'll by wife flying with me ;-)
I've already flyed with AB to TFS and FNC, but such medium distance flights don't give me any idea about service in longhaul business class.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: TopBonus, Miles&More
Hello Bartek,

i can share my recent experience with you. Flying from TXL to AUH on Etihad (EY8), i found the business class quite comfortable. Wide, lie flat seats, good entertainment/drink/food selections and 2 * power/usb sockets. However, on my onward flight from AUH to CGK, also Etihad, the business class livery was obviously one generation earlier with lie flat seats that were narrower, a entertainment screen which was smaller and only 1 power/usb selection. Flying the same route in the opposite direction both CGK > AUH (on Etihad) and AUH > DUS (on AB) were using the older livery which, while still okay, was not as comfortable as the Etihad TXL to AUH leg. It is probably dependent on which type of aircraft we were booked onto, but i failed to pay attention to which it was. So my advice is to try booking at least the TXL > AUH leg on Etihad metal.

cheers,
William
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:01 am
Original Poster

thank you William13 :-)

well, our flights, if we take them, will be in August and September 2014 (I plan with loooong advance), so I hope that both AB and EY will update business class in all their aircrafts till then (if only they intend to do it...). If if they won't, for such C class newbies like us, beeing able to lie in plane will be extraordinary, even in seats of older type :-)

bye, Bartek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.