Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Removed all business class on transatl. flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Removed all business class on transatl. flight?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2013, 4:54 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I too am concerned about an all-economy aircraft on DUS-JFK. I was looking at making a booking for December 2013, as there was a very attractive business class fare on offer. I started to do a dummy booking, and the seat map for the first segment appeared to be 2-4-2 configuration, rows 1-6 (or 8--can't recall), restarting with row 14. Does this mean that the aircraft is the all-economy seating? The business class fare was certainly less than the competition, but not so much less as to justify an entirely inferior product, particularly when one considers Y-only on the European connecting flight and a less convenient schedule.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 5:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by chalf
I too am concerned about an all-economy aircraft on DUS-JFK. I was looking at making a booking for December 2013, as there was a very attractive business class fare on offer. I started to do a dummy booking, and the seat map for the first segment appeared to be 2-4-2 configuration, rows 1-6 (or 8--can't recall), restarting with row 14. Does this mean that the aircraft is the all-economy seating? The business class fare was certainly less than the competition, but not so much less as to justify an entirely inferior product, particularly when one considers Y-only on the European connecting flight and a less convenient schedule.
If economy (Y) starts at row 14, there is a Business class seating section.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 2:22 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by DCflyerAA-YX
This does not always appear to be true: just look at AB7450 on 1 March 2014.
All eco, rows 1-8 and 14-..., all 8 seats accross.
If you do a dummy booking on this flight you will see they're only selling Economy. If for your flight they are selling Business, there should be a business cabin of course.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:12 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DCflyerAA-YX
Originally Posted by dujardin
This does not always appear to be true: just look at AB7450 on 1 March 2014.
All eco, rows 1-8 and 14-..., all 8 seats accross.
If you do a dummy booking on this flight you will see they're only selling Economy. If for your flight they are selling Business, there should be a business cabin of course.
Not sure how that is not true. DCflyerAA-YX indicated if Y starts a row 14, there is business class. For your particular flight, Y starts at 1. For your flight, AB does not sell J.

[KVS Availability Tool 7.2.4/Diamond - Availability/FS/US]
Code:
DUS  Dusseldorf Metro / Intl DE = DUS NRN QDF [EDDL]
JFK  New York John F Kennedy Intl NY US [KJFK]
SAT  01 Mar 2014

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  --------------------------------------------------
AB         7450    DUS   13:05     JFK   15:35     332      Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 P9 E9 W9 Z0 G9 T9
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by seawolf
Not sure how that is not true. DCflyerAA-YX indicated if Y starts a row 14, there is business class. For your particular flight, Y starts at 1. For your flight, AB does not sell J.

[KVS Availability Tool 7.2.4/Diamond - Availability/FS/US]
Code:
DUS  Dusseldorf Metro / Intl DE = DUS NRN QDF [EDDL]
JFK  New York John F Kennedy Intl NY US [KJFK]
SAT  01 Mar 2014

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  --------------------------------------------------
AB         7450    DUS   13:05     JFK   15:35     332      Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 P9 E9 W9 Z0 G9 T9
Of course, you're right. If row 14 is the first row of economy, obviously there is a business class section. What I really meant is that in some "all eco" configs rows 9-13 are missing, while in others they do exist.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by dujardin
Thanks very much for your input, much appreciated.
So it seems that they're putting in an extra row of seats in the front cabin at some point?
How do you see on which dates they're flying DUS-JFK with all eco? Could you give an example of a date where you see the config you describe in 2013?
It seems like it, but there seems to also be some renumbering of rows going on, frankly, I'm a bit confused.
After a second check, I noticed that the config with row 51 is also scheduled on flights in 2013 already, so disregard my 2014 comment.

The flights I was checking were DUS-CUR, since I knew most these will be all-eco as of November. November 5'th shows the config with row 50 on flight 7408, whilst on December 31'st, the same flight shows a row 51 and row 8.

But, both configs show seats 1DEFG, so you'll be good.

Originally Posted by chalf
Don't worry, that's just the way AB displays their new business Class configuration. Please refer to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airbe...confusion.html

Last edited by Djokison; Oct 23, 2013 at 6:31 pm
Old Nov 18, 2013, 1:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
My upcoming DUS-CUR flight AB 7408 on Dec 3 originally showed an all eco seatmap. But when trying to book it today shows row 14 as "first" row.
AB says its still an all eco flight...
Does anyone know if they maybe remove the first section when it fills up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.