Search

My first experiences on AB!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2012, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
My first experiences on AB!

Hi folks,

I just booked and flew a few AB flights.

Booking:
My QF-Plat (Emerald) number was entered during the booking. I could not select a seat for free, but after a few minutes I was assigned a seat (1C in most cases).

I called and could change the seat reservation. Getting 1C was always possible.

Airport:
Online and mobile Checkin works perfect!
I got the "Fast Track" Sticker on my BP. Nice!

MUC:
In MUC I asked which Lounge I could use. They send me to the BA Lounge in T1B. It is a bit of a hassle, because you have to clear security to Enter Module B. There is no direct way between Module B and A (where the AB flights depart). So exit and re-enter. In my opinion it is not worth the hassle. I had a little discussion with the Lounge dragon who refused my entry first. Asking her to call the supervisor and blaming that she is violating oneworld rules did do the trick!

I asked if I could ask their Light-Lounge in Module A, but they said that it is only for their own frequent flyers. I cannot understand that! My visit of the BA Lounge did cost them more than the possible visit of Light-Lounge.

TXL:
I could use the BA Lounge in TXL, which is very good. The lounge angels are very nice - they called at the gate to find out if my flight was on time. The walk to the gate is not that far!

On Board:
I got 1C on all flights so far. The seat next to me was left empty. On one flight I had a maximiser who asked the FA that he needs to be seated in the first row. An other guy in the first row insisted to get back his 25 Euro reservation fee if the free loader could sit there, but the FA let him change the seat. He was a typical maximiser - filling the seat between us with his rubbish, asking for two drinks in a rude manor...

You have a free selection of soft drinks and a small snack (Sweet bar or potato chips). You get some chocolate when you leave the plane.

The seat is much more comfortable than the LH NEK seat.

Milage with QF:
The flights yielded a very small amount of miles (because they were very very cheap) but the 10 SCs are a very good value!
The outbound flight was credited within a day. The other fight was rebooked. I had to retrocredit it manually. Sending BP and Ticket receipt to QF has don e the trick, as the online tool did not work. It took two weeks - which is much faster than LH!

I now have a few flights with AB - yes and I like them. I prefer the LH Lounge in MUC but all other aspects are better with AB!

Last edited by Tyrolean; Jul 29, 2012 at 7:31 am
Old Jul 30, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: priority club,platin ambassador, Gold Air Berlin
As a AB gold memeber, I agree!

I think, that they are a good airline with value for the money.

Greetings from Tenerife - Volker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.