Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 12, 2014, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hillrider
As of 9 May 2014, The last Airbus A330-200 has recently being fitted with airberlin’s all-new Business Class. This means that airberlin is now the only German airline with complete horizontal FullFlat seats on every Business Class long-haul flight. Thanks to the mainly single-seat arrangement guests can enjoy even more privacy and access to the aisle from any seat. Gourmet menus and premium wines from Sansibar round off a premium travel experience. Source
Print Wikipost

New new J coming to airberlin

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:32 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by hillrider
Given that AB has 12 332s (according to www.airfleets.net), it looks like the overall chance of getting an old recliner seat/no AVOD plane is 17%.

That's too high for me for an 11-hour flight, will wait until the last aircraft has been converted before booking AB.
Smart person. I got the old interior on my recent flight. I cannot report on the new seats or AVOD system despite all my hype as my return will be on AA operated flights. I will say that the local AB flight was better than transatlantic one. I am sure others will not be surprised.

Rasheed
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:36 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
We have had to cancel our planned trip to HKT in June (due to work pressures ) but we will be using this service in future months. Probably will be new seats by then..
OK, I can answer my own question. Last week AUH-HKT was a very tired A332 with the leather recliners but inbound (HKT-AUH) yeterday was the angled lie-flat. I did not fly the outbound but Mrs NoY says (complete with a lazy, disinterested crew)

Last night was a world of difference. A superb crew in Business & very very nice service. The food was pretty good too.

Interestiing that the Purser said that the first full-flat (180 degree) aircraft will be fitted out in September ^

Last edited by NoY; Aug 20, 2012 at 9:42 pm
Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:41 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
OK, I can answer my own question. Last week AUH-HKT was a very tired A332 with the leather recliners but inbound (HKT-AUH) yeterday was the angled lie-flat. I did not fly the outbound but Mrs NoY says (complete with a lazy, disinterested crew)

Last night was a world of difference. A superb crew in Business & very very nice service. The food was pretty good too.

Interestiing that the Purser said that the first full-flat (180 degree) aircraft will be fitted out in September ^
Following my comments above - the seat maps for my upcoming October AUH-HKT-AUH flights in J have a very strange seat map. is this new, new J??:
1HK & 2HK
2DG
3DG
4DG
Old Aug 26, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: AB Topbonus
Mrs Noy, checked but couldnt confirm "strange seatmaps" on AB website. Could you screenshot us or tell example date on that route?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 5:42 am

Programs: LH/BA/DL
[KVS Availability Tool 7.0.2 - Amadeus Seat Map: 19 Oct 2012/AB 7424/AUH-HKT/332/C-Business]
Code:
     A   C   |   D   G   |   H   K    
 1                           +   -    
 2               +   +       +   -    
 3               +   +                
 4               +   +
But it is only on the AUH-HKT-AUH flights, not on any of the Germany-AUH-Germany flights.
Most likely some kind of mistake in the seatmap.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 6:05 am

i agree. unless they reconfig the gally like TG on one side of the cabin, or max business by adding a cargo upfront, it seems to be a sys error.

@Greg: Thx for sharing!
Old Sep 15, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by NoY
Flew DUS to JFK yesterday. Aircraft had angled flat seats in J, the former LX seats. Purser said he hasn't see any 332 with the old cradle seats for a while, in fact he thinks they are all coverted by now, but wasn't sure. But he was sure that the first aircraft does receive the lie flat EY seats this month.

If this information is correct, this is great news, because it means you at least get the angled flat seats.^
Old Sep 15, 2012, 8:32 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by swiss_global
Flew DUS to JFK yesterday. Aircraft had angled flat seats in J, the former LX seats. Purser said he hasn't see any 332 with the old cradle seats for a while, in fact he thinks they are all coverted by now, but wasn't sure. But he was sure that the first aircraft does receive the lie flat EY seats this month.

If this information is correct, this is great news, because it means you at least get the angled flat seats.^
Great thanks. Have another HKT trip coming up in October, so hopefully no more recliners ^ Be great to see the full-flat EY seats though
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by swiss_global

Does anyone know:
1) If any of the AB aircraft have converted EY J seats.
2) What routes they are being used/will be used on.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 1:05 am

1) NO
2) AUH only
Old Sep 21, 2012, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by bobberle101
1) NO
2) AUH only
It'd be TXL-AUH and v.v?
Do you know when the first plane will be done?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 1:15 am

Only 2 feeders to AUH op AB: TXL and DUS
They tend to use the only old C Cabin left on the fleet D-ALPH on one of them.
8 and 2 weeks ago I experienced new refitted C cabin only. (D-ALPH is out of routing since abt 4 weeks)

The new new EY config was planned to be installed this month. Probably will take another month.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am seeing the followng J-cabin seatmap for flight 7393 SFO-DUS, a 332, on 26 June. What kind of seats (recliner, sloped lie-flat, or EK horizontal lie-flat) are these? It does not match the seatmap on www.airberlin.com or seatguru.
Code:
4G*AB7393J26JUNSFODUS«                   
   AUTH-299   332                        
   0 - SFO  1 - DUS                      
   NO SMOKING-SFODUS                     
      A   C       D   G       H   K      
   1  I   *       *   *       *   I    1 
   2  I   *       *   *       *   I    2 
   3  I   *       *   *       *   I    3 
   4  I   *                   *   I    4 
      A   C       D   G       H   K      

AVAIL NO SMK: *    BLOCK  : /  LEAST PREF: U   BULKHEAD: BHD   
AVAIL SMKING: -    PREMIUM: Q  UPPER DECK: J   EXIT ROW:  X    
SEAT TAKEN: . WING: W PAID : P  LAVATORY: LAV GALLEY: GAL      
PREF ACCESS LAV: PAL  DOOR: DOR    SCREEN: SCR   CLOSET: CLS   
PREF ACCESS:H  BASSINET:B  LEGROOM:L  UMNR:M  REARFACE:@
"I" is not a code in the legend (or one known to me).

Are AB GDS seat maps reliable or if I book I run the risk of finding myself in a recliner seat?

Last edited by hillrider; Sep 28, 2012 at 5:57 pm
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:41 pm

nice catch!
oposing AB's own press release, they seem to refit J product on all 12 planes.
config will be same as on EY which is an sloped arrangement of lie flat seats.
odd numbers should be window seats.

THX!
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by bobberle101
nice catch!
oposing AB's own press release, they seem to refit J product on all 12 planes.
config will be same as on EY which is an sloped arrangement of lie flat seats.
odd numbers should be window seats.

THX!
Is the sloped arrangement angled lie-flat? I thought EY had fully flat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.