Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 12, 2014, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hillrider
As of 9 May 2014, The last Airbus A330-200 has recently being fitted with airberlin’s all-new Business Class. This means that airberlin is now the only German airline with complete horizontal FullFlat seats on every Business Class long-haul flight. Thanks to the mainly single-seat arrangement guests can enjoy even more privacy and access to the aisle from any seat. Gourmet menus and premium wines from Sansibar round off a premium travel experience. Source
Print Wikipost

New new J coming to airberlin

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2012, 4:04 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by bobberle101
Word!
Dont dare to dream that AB will open a route to skyteam's main hub. Would tempt me to fly Asia on CI's upper deck, at 30-40% less. BUT as rumor has it: AF/KL is making eyes to AB:
LH - AF dogfight

BTW: AB has oficially stated that the new new J will "mainly" be used on AUH routes.
......and the same plane will ply the AUH-HKT route too? thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:37 am

Programs: AB Topbonus
Originally Posted by NoY
......and the same plane will ply the AUH-HKT route too? thanks.
not sure I understand ur question. CI is not flying AUH.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 5:39 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
not sure I understand ur question. CI is not flying AUH.
..as posted by you above....BTW: AB has oficially stated that the new new J will "mainly" be used on AUH routes.

Therefore I am asking if "new J" will also be used on AUH-HKT-AUH (operated by AB)?
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:00 pm

To HKT the new J, yes. (170 degrees angled)
As far as I know this is a flight with STOPOVER in AUH.

The new new J (EY config - 180 degrees lie flat) will be used on the 4 AUH feeders, only. No machine has been refurbished yet.
I woud recommend to book a flight that is EY operated on AUH-HKT route.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:19 pm
NoY

To HKT the new J, yes. (170 degrees angled)
As far as I know this is a flight with STOPOVER in AUH.

The new new J (EY config - 180 degrees lie flat) will be used on the 4 AUH feeders, only. No machine has been refurbished yet.
I woud recommend to book a flight that is EY operated on AUH-HKT route.
I already have booked AUH-HKT for June. I believe its operated by AB. This is a day flight so am not too concerened. I presumed it will either be the leather recliner style J or the 170 degree flats. Thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by g.yau
http://www.ausbt.com.au/airberlin-to...n=home-flipper

"We plan to refit all long-haul aircraft (A330-200) with the new Business Class [which will take] until the end of 2013. They will then operate on all airberlin long-haul routes," the spokesperson told us.
WHAT??!!

The end of 2013 for 6 remaining aircraft? I understand not doing any during the summer peak season, but over a year and a half to complete the 332 fleet? Or was he talking about all of the 332s having the EY type of J seats by the end of next year? BTW, I know for a fact that ship # D-ALPG has yet to be refurbished. I flew it from MIA-TXL last week and it had the ex-LTU cabin interior. I was in coach, but I was looking forward to the the AVOD. Instead, it was the overhead monitors (which are only over the center seats). And they kept having 2-3 second pauses during the movie showings . However, the breakfast they served was probably the best I've had in Y in a long time.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by NoY
I already have booked AUH-HKT for June. I believe its operated by AB. This is a day flight so am not too concerened. I presumed it will either be the leather recliner style J or the 170 degree flats. Thanks.
exactly. As far as I know this machine is coming from DUS, then continues to HKT. flightaware should show u what machine it is, a few hours ahead.

@Fanjet: I was on the same machine 2 weeks ago, AUH-TXL.
Old May 1, 2012, 4:18 pm

Are any Trans-Atlantic planes updated?
Old May 8, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Updated Y Class on AB long-haul service (A330-200)

I think the thread title should be changed to include the Y changes (which are very significant).

A recent thread had a link to a Youtube video of the new seats and AVOD:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...new-cabin.html

Here is another piece from AB facebook: http://www.rp-online.de/app/air-berlin/

I am not sure if it will be done by the start of the summer 2012 schedule (seems not), but I have sent a note to AB to find out. Seems like you guys know which plans are in and out of service more than AB does. If there are 6 planes to go, then looks like it is a 50% chance?

Other soft enhancements recently announced by the way:

Changes to the chocolate given..
http://www.airberlin.com/site/pressr...NG=eng&ID=4388

I have an LAX-DUS trip in June, so I have no idea if it will be done by then. Seems not.

Rasheed
Old May 11, 2012, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What is the likelihood of JFK-TXL seeing the newer product this month considering it is probably a heavy business route? Am flying it twice this month.
Old May 17, 2012, 12:26 pm

Status on new interiors

Originally Posted by rasheed
I am not sure if it will be done by the start of the summer 2012 schedule (seems not), but I have sent a note to AB to find out.
Okay. I got a few different/mix responses from AB.

Apparently, most flights on routes serviced by the A332 through July will have the new interior and AVOD. There are two planes scheduled to be completed at the end of September. I am not familiar with how many planes AB needs each day for its schedule. As many of you already know, many of the US routes are seasonal and not daily. This likely helps the situation.

The ATMS response was much more not promising (setting expectations lower obviously). If you are not familiar with ATMS, they are the US group who handled LTU here (and now do the same work for AB). I think they handle the US AB calls, but I am not absolutely sure. The reply was more along the lines that not all will be done by June (which we knew).

It appears scheduling has put the new version plane for my upcoming flight, but because there are non-converted planes still out there through September, you might get an older substitute.

Rasheed
Old May 27, 2012, 4:36 pm

Reviews of new interior

Hello,

Any new reviews of the interior for those who have been on the retrofitted planes?

Still charging 3 euros for headphones on international AVOD flights?

Current entertainment guide location:
http://www.airberlin.com/site/affili...ltung_lang.pdf

Rasheed
Old May 27, 2012, 10:41 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by NoY
We have had to cancel our planned trip to HKT in June (due to work pressures ) but we will be using this service in future months. Probably will be new seats by then..
Old Jun 7, 2012, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apparently, most flights on routes serviced by the A332 through July will have the new interior and AVOD. There are two planes scheduled to be completed at the end of September.
Given that AB has 12 332s (according to www.airfleets.net), it looks like the overall chance of getting an old recliner seat/no AVOD plane is 17%.

That's too high for me for an 11-hour flight, will wait until the last aircraft has been converted before booking AB.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 7:34 am

Still charging 3 euros for headphones on international AVOD flights?

Current entertainment guide location:
http://www.airberlin.com/site/affili...ltung_lang.pdf

Rasheed
Weird deal, but AB no longer charges for headphones on trans-Atlantic flights. They are also matching up on the types of complmentary drinks with other international carriers for the Y service.

I guess I was not the only one who thought there was a few things out there that did not seem to match up.

Rasheed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.