Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 12, 2014, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hillrider
As of 9 May 2014, The last Airbus A330-200 has recently being fitted with airberlin’s all-new Business Class. This means that airberlin is now the only German airline with complete horizontal FullFlat seats on every Business Class long-haul flight. Thanks to the mainly single-seat arrangement guests can enjoy even more privacy and access to the aisle from any seat. Gourmet menus and premium wines from Sansibar round off a premium travel experience. Source
Print Wikipost

New new J coming to airberlin

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:50 pm

Programs: AB Topbonus
Originally Posted by EK flyer
The only thing I'm hoping for at the moment are flights from Berlin to Amsterdam!!!
Word!
Dont dare to dream that AB will open a route to skyteam's main hub. Would tempt me to fly Asia on CI's upper deck, at 30-40% less. BUT as rumor has it: AF/KL is making eyes to AB:
LH - AF dogfight

BTW: AB has oficially stated that the new new J will "mainly" be used on AUH routes.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
OK, I'm a little confused by this implementation. There is one 332 out there with the new "old-style" LX J seats, correct? And they now plan to install the J suites starting at the end of the year? So will the remaining 332s in the fleet be flying around with the old AB J seats until then? Or will they get the LX J seats as originally scheduled, and then get the new J suites a few months later? And do they plan on outfitting any of the 333s with the J suites and new Y cabin? They could use them on the JFK routes. I'm not sure if MIA is within the range of the aircraft, though.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by bobberle101

BTW: AB has oficially stated that the new new J will "mainly" be used on AUH routes.
So old new J will be used for TATL? Any hope of new new J being widely implemented beyond the AUH routes?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 4:13 pm

Word!
Dont dare to dream that AB will open a route to skyteam's main hub.
Actually, AB has operated TXL-AMS flights in the past. Transavia still flew into Rotterdam back then I think.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by ZKOKA
Actually, AB has operated TXL-AMS flights in the past. Transavia still flew into Rotterdam back then I think.
No use for Transavia and other carriers, as I cannot take advantage of my tier baggage allowance of 30-40kg.

@Thunderroad: the refurbished LX seats will be implemented by fall 2012 on all long hauls. my guess: only 4 machines will fly on EY config. (ex HAM, FRA, DUS, BER)
Old Mar 26, 2012, 4:34 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
The refurbished LX seats will be implemented by fall 2012 on all long hauls. my guess: only 4 machines will fly on EY config. (ex HAM, FRA, DUS, BER)
This is later than what is quoted on the website, which states: The upgrade of all long-haul aircraft should be completed by the start of the summer 2012 flight schedule.

This is an unexpected delay?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
This is later than what is quoted on the website, which states: The upgrade of all long-haul aircraft should be completed by the start of the summer 2012 flight schedule.

This is an unexpected delay?
rather (to be) expected:
having started in Nov2011 AB has taken only one machine out of routing each month. D-ABXA, D-ALPI, D-ALPD are confirmed to be upgraded. As rumor has it and my math skills second: AB has 9 more A330 to go. I doubt they will can afford to a) double capacity nor b) deprive 2 enigines at a time.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1P
rather (to be) expected:
having started in Nov2011 AB has taken only one machine out of routing each month. D-ABXA, D-ALPI, D-ALPD are confirmed to be upgraded. As rumor has it and my math skills second: AB has 9 more A330 to go. I doubt they will can afford to a) double capacity nor b) deprive 2 enigines at a time.
Hi there - I am just hoping to understand your note above about the new-new J seats on the A332. I am scheduled to take JFK-BER on AB A332 in September of this year. Given the approximate 1 aircraft per month refurbish cycle, and the 9 more to go as of your post, is it a fair assumption my odds of having the new seats are relatively high? EF seatmap still shows 24 seats at this time.

Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2012, 3:07 am

Hi pbohannon,

u shd be good. as i suppose 4 machines will get the etihad seats on the AUH routes, where at this time only the old C is availible. as AB is trying to sell off their maintenance, i suppose they will be refurbished in AUH anyway.

never bother about seat reservation with AB (works for me less then 50% of my bookings). the routing of the machines will be fixed 2 weeks in advance, and can always be subject to changes. ...and hey - I would consider JFK as short haul, esp. since its no red eye flight, you will be off pretty good in any J cabin old or new.

cheers
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:02 pm

Can someone post pix of the current J product, please
Old Apr 11, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
I'm looking at using AA miles on a J award on Air Berlin, MIA-DUS in mid-May. Does this route have the new business class seat? How does AB compare to AA or IB on a transatlantic route?

Thanks.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by fs2k2isfun
I'm looking at using AA miles on a J award on Air Berlin, MIA-DUS in mid-May. Does this route have the new business class seat? How does AB compare to AA or IB on a transatlantic route?

Thanks.
If you're travelling mid-May 2012, I'd strongly advise IB. All of their longhaul planes are equiped with a full flat product. AA is right now - apart from very few refurbished planes - angled flat. And AB may have one plane with full flat (which will then be used on AUH routes), according to this thread about 3 planes with angled flat (former LX product) and the rest is a cradle seat, similar to domestic F on AA.

Therefore, in May 2012, IB is clearly the best choice. This may change over time, as both AA and AB improve their products.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by swiss_global
If you're travelling mid-May 2012, I'd strongly advise IB. All of their longhaul planes are equiped with a full flat product. AA is right now - apart from very few refurbished planes - angled flat. And AB may have one plane with full flat (which will then be used on AUH routes), according to this thread about 3 planes with angled flat (former LX product) and the rest is a cradle seat, similar to domestic F on AA.

Therefore, in May 2012, IB is clearly the best choice. This may change over time, as both AA and AB improve their products.
Unfortunately AB is the only option where I can find seats. Trying to decide whether spending the miles on business class is worth it. Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:05 am

D-ABXA
D-ABXB
D-ALPE
D-ALPD
D-ALPI
..are confirmed to be refurbished with the seats from LX.

D-ALPJ now taken out of routing.

6 more A332 to go, of which (suposedly) 4 will get the EY seats.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: Asia Miles, Marco Polo, Virgin Flying Club, Etihad Guest & Silver BA Executive Club
http://www.ausbt.com.au/airberlin-to...n=home-flipper

"We plan to refit all long-haul aircraft (A330-200) with the new Business Class [which will take] until the end of 2013. They will then operate on all airberlin long-haul routes," the spokesperson told us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.