Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Topbonus Members Can Earn/Redeem Miles On LAN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM PASS Black Signature, AA EXP 3MM, BA Blue

Earn and Redeem Topbonus miles on Both LAN and Cathay Pacific:
airberlin guests can collect topbonus miles on all flights with oneworld® members Cathay Pacific and LAN. With immediate effect, the Asia Miles/Marco Polo Club and LANPASS frequent flyer programs are operating in partnership with topbonus, airberlin’s frequent flyer program. As a result, topbonus members are able to collect award miles and reserve award flights across Cathay Pacific’s and LAN’s networks. Asia Miles/Marco Polo Club and LANPASS members can also collect and redeem miles on airberlin and NIKI flights.
http://www.airberlin.com/site/pressr...NG=eng&ID=4218
Old Feb 17, 2012, 7:14 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Angry yes, but...

True, even with CX.

Small missing info is that the AB TB Gold line has no clue how to perform a redemption or even an availability check.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
Unhappy

Update:
now you can redeem an award (Lan, Cathay), i.e. the staff knows how to do it
it just from 7 to 9 minutes for the person at the end of the line to go wherever he or she has to go and dig up an answer about your question.

Three questions ? Three times on hold for an average of eight minutes each question....

Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:07 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, AA, SPG - Gold, LM
BA Avios is now showing airberlin awards

Yes, Avios is now showing airberlin awards.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 1:59 am

Wink

Originally Posted by anishub
Yes, Avios is now showing airberlin awards.
Approach I used to book my first reward,OW code and same OW metal.
  • I logged on in BA.com to see reward availability, I found the flight I was looking for, I saw the required taxes and Avios points (points I do not not have)
  • I took notice of the details (date, class, flight number)
  • I called AB TB and passed all the details I obtained on BA.com and after 15 minutes (yes, it's still a pain) I had my OW award flight.

Same tax amount and 33% more AB TB miles vs Avios points, but it's still a great value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.