Wiki Posts
Search

AB fare classes

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 7:00 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by wazow
How do they technically distinguish different fares, without using the booking class?
I think they differentiate by long-haul/sort-haul - if trip is short-haul they have one table, if trip is long-haul the have another. Confusing, huh?
Old May 26, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
That's not too bad. I thin MM carriers do that too, as far as I remember.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 5:40 am

flydeal also comes under Z fare class?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 2:43 pm

AB - Fare categories

Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
This is the listing on AB´s website for longhaul flights. No fareclasses are displayed for shorthaul but I would assume those to be identical:

just fly - Z, G, P, E, W

fly deal - K, M, L, V, S, N, Q, O, H

fly classic - K, H, Y, B

fly flex - J, C, D, I

Double listing of K and H in fly deal and fly classic; I don't know if this is an error or intentional.

I got AB tickets for our summer vacation in August, flying LAX to Salzburg for me and my family and got a FlyDeal Fare but it said "Category E". According to the table above it should be any other letter for FlyDeal and not E. How is this possible? Was there a mistake in the category letter? One World only allows certain categories and E is not in their table. We definitely didnt pay a cheap price for the 5 members of my family and I was hoping to accumulate some miles from our trip
Old Sep 27, 2015, 11:09 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jessicabd
I got AB tickets for our summer vacation in August, flying LAX to Salzburg for me and my family and got a FlyDeal Fare but it said "Category E". According to the table above it should be any other letter for FlyDeal and not E. How is this possible? Was there a mistake in the category letter? One World only allows certain categories and E is not in their table. We definitely didnt pay a cheap price for the 5 members of my family and I was hoping to accumulate some miles from our trip
for long haul flights they have a slightly different table. There is no JustFly on Long Haul. For FlyDeal in E you can expect 50% miles.
https://topbonus.airberlin.com/web/t...n?locale=en_DE
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Hi everyone,

I am planning to do a european short haul trip operated by Niki (not sure if it changes anything). Did anyone find the table on short haul ? I tried to call Air Berlin and the only thing I could get from them was that FlyDeal on short haul mignt come under Z.
I would like to buy a FlyClassic, do you have any idea under what booking classes comes this fare ?

Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Hi Jeff_

this is probably what you're looking for, as it shows the fares in their fare categories (although listed under longhaul), click on 'collect'. The fares will be the same as with NIKI:

https://topbonus.airberlin.com/web/tb/airberlin
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Hi headingwest,

Thanks a lot, to me it was not clear if this table also applied for euro short haul. Those small lines at bottom got me wrong I guess. Why make it simple when you can make it complicated
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:21 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jeff_
Why make it simple when you can make it complicated
Why indeed! AB/HG don't make it easy for passengers to know exactly what they're booking.

I believe those 'K,M,L,V,S,N,Q,O,H' fares are for Fly Classic on longhaul and shorthaul. But the problem you have now is actually finding out whether you're booking into one of those or not! The airberlin app used to show the booking code/class, but that feature has been enhanced.

Last edited by headingwest; Dec 13, 2015 at 1:28 pm
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Can I ask you what device do you use. I am on Android and maybe I missed it but I can not find those info when I try to book a flight.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:42 pm

I have an iPad. Their normal website also shows the fare category, but not the actual fare bucket. Very annoying I know.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Allright Thanks anyway, I guess I will try to call them again tomorow. I tried to compare fare with ITA Matrix I can only replicate the price of the website (flyclassic) with the E fare.. Not sure if it is reliable...

Update:
I call them this morning FlyClassic bookable on the website was a mix of A and W class, they also confirm me the table of Long Haul does not apply for Short Haul

Last edited by FlyerTalker37; Dec 14, 2015 at 6:59 am
Old Dec 24, 2015, 6:16 pm

I am due to fly next month from CPH to BKK, via DUS and AUH.
Ticket issued by Etihad.
Legs CPH - DUS and DUS - AUH are operated by AirBerlin.
Ticket bought through travel agent.
Category booked E.Had i known this before paying, i would never done it.
I need to fly in any of the following classes : HKLMSV, which will give me 20 Q miles, enough to atain Gold status within Qatar's Privilege Club.

So i need to upgrade the booking category.Is this even possible?
Maybe i should contact Etihad, since it was them who issued the ticket.I decided to skip the travel agency who expects me to pay at least 350 euros in fees.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you and Merry Christmas.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:49 pm

They add an extra element into the PNR that indicates which fare family was purchased. If that element is missing (happens after changes or when other airlines are in the PNR) it results in trouble - at least incorrect or no miles crediting.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
What is T class? Seems to be cheapest paid business but i did not come across any fares yet that book into T.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.