Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

150 pound penalty for no show and ticket non refundable ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2009, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Want to fly LHR-LAX round trip but return date up in air. Can get a great rate right now for a 6mo. rt ticket but definitely not a 1 way fare.

What happens REALLY if I throw away the 2nd leg (LAX-LHR) because I can't get back w/i 6 months? Will they really charge the 150 pound penalty?

It's a Global SAver max fare ticket that is non refundable for the return flight.

Thanks for all the help in advance!!
Old Jun 2, 2009, 3:15 pm

If you simply don't use the return portion, then you have nothing to worry about. They won't come after you for the change fee because you're throwing the rest of the ticket away.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by stargold
If you simply don't use the return portion, then you have nothing to worry about. They won't come after you for the change fee because you're throwing the rest of the ticket away.
Agreed. You will not get charged anything at all in this situation unless you actually change the date of the r/t. To NZ you will just be another no-show. You won't get any NZ Airpoints Dollars for the return part of the flight though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.