Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Using NZ LAX-RAR in J; Need to get from RAR to PPT. Help needed.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2009, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,

Hey guys.

I am going to be flying NZ for the first time this coming February in J, with an ultimate destination of PPT. After speaking to NZ on the phone a few times, they don't appear to have any options for this hour or so flight. I was told I would have to route via AKL first, which will cost me about $4,000 more to do (and consequently, is not a realistic option). Air Tahiti's (not Air Tahiti Nui) website is completely useless and doesn't seem to operate this flight frequently. I am hoping for some help in solving this routing riddle.
Old May 27, 2009, 3:44 pm

AFAIK Air Tahiti is the only one flying this route with Air Rarotonga cosharing. The Air Raro website www.airraro.com has online booking but there is no flights loaded for Feb 2010!
Old May 27, 2009, 4:09 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Apart from going via AKL your next best option would be to hire a private jet if they is no RAR-PPT service on the day you need to travel.
Old May 27, 2009, 5:35 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
DCF the Guru of Tahiti

I suggest you send DCF a message as judging by his posts absolutely loves Tahiti and has been travelling to and from there for many years. He may be able to suggest some secret local solution to help you.
Old May 27, 2009, 8:50 pm

Yikes!

I had a look on ITA.. a simple roundtrip RAR-PPT in April... It routed via AKL... and LAX!!

Be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous.....

Edit: The Air Rarotonga website seems to work OK... Looks like there are only flights on Fri and Tue PPT-RAR..

Last edited by trooper; May 27, 2009 at 8:57 pm
Old May 27, 2009, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trooper
Yikes!

I had a look on ITA.. a simple roundtrip RAR-PPT in April... It routed via AKL... and LAX!!

Be funny if it wasn't so ridiculous.....

Edit: The Air Rarotonga website seems to work OK... Looks like there are only flights on Fri and Tue PPT-RAR..
Yea, had a similar reaction for that one.
Old May 30, 2009, 6:35 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Sorry about the delay - have been offline.

Your only real options are

1) Air Tahiti's twice weekly ATR-72 service (NOT Air Tahiti Nui)

2) Fly via AKL, or

3) Buy a LAX-AKL ticket allowing a stopover at PPT, using the NZ-coded but TN-operated LAX-PPT sector. That's what I'd do, unless it's a points redemption.
Old May 30, 2009, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DCF
Sorry about the delay - have been offline.

Your only real options are

1) Air Tahiti's twice weekly ATR-72 service (NOT Air Tahiti Nui)

2) Fly via AKL, or

3) Buy a LAX-AKL ticket allowing a stopover at PPT, using the NZ-coded but TN-operated LAX-PPT sector. That's what I'd do, unless it's a points redemption.
And the only days of that ATR service are Tuesday and Friday, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.