Wiki Posts
Search

NZ 39 Business Premier tips?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2009, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

NZ 39 Business Premier tips?

Hi everyone,

I'm about to travel on NZ 39 HKG-LHR in BP. It must have been 4 years ago since I flew with NZ on the 763s with the old style seats. Despite that, I have very fond memories of my PPT trip! I'm digressing...

So its my first time on NZ's 772 and in BP. Currently I've got seat 5A assigned, 3A is also showing up as open but I was thinking that is a bit close to the galley. I've never been on these seats (ie I havent been on VS's UC either)...

So my question to all you experts, what should I expect? I would like to grab some shut eye on the flight but considering its a day time flight, will they provide blankets etc for the turndown? Also as its at 0830 departure, I assume the first meal is breakfast followed by lunch/dinner upon landing? What kind of snacks etc can I expect on board?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated! As you can tell from my handle, I normally fly BA but I'm really looking forward to this flight!!

Thanks,

Baclubflyer

Ps I have done a search but no one seems to have done a TR on NZ in BP... at least on the HKG-LHR route...
Old May 27, 2009, 3:36 pm

Check out Kiwi Flyer's TR thread for both trip reports and menus. Many reports in BP on the 772, eg NZ98 KIX-CHC, NZ5 LAX-AKL...
Old May 27, 2009, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by baclubflyer
So its my first time on NZ's 772 and in BP. Currently I've got seat 5A assigned, 3A is also showing up as open but I was thinking that is a bit close to the galley. I've never been on these seats (ie I havent been on VS's UC either)...

So my question to all you experts, what should I expect? I would like to grab some shut eye on the flight but considering its a day time flight, will they provide blankets etc for the turndown? Also as its at 0830 departure, I assume the first meal is breakfast followed by lunch/dinner upon landing? What kind of snacks etc can I expect on board?
I did this flight on Waitangi Day just gone, except it was on the 744 (the 772 operating via LAX).
You will benefit from getting 5A on the 772 as opposed to 3A yea, mainly because the seemingly constant clankering from the galley can get ya' under the skin...
They will have all the necessary bedding loaded behind your upright seatback and the cabin is dimmed after the first meal service, and the crew request the shades drawn as well, as there is little to look at bar the Siberian wasteland.

The first meal is Brunch, which will consist of Wake Up drinks (smoothies, coffee, juice etc), muesli or other assorted cereals, fruit salad, yoghurt, muffins, 3 hot mains (2 western,. 1 chinese), a cold plate which will have cold meats and cheeses with breads plus the bar.

About half way through, a light refreshment is served which is the highly regarded tea service, including tiered sandwiches, cakes, warm scones and wide selection of english and chinese teas and coffee.

About 1-2 hours out of Heathrow a full lunch service is laid out, with entree, warm breads, 3 hot mains, dessert, cheese plate, fruit and full bar.

A snack bar will be set up after brunch at the end of your cabin, where you'll find granola bars, chocolate bars, muesli bars, biscuits, fruit, bottles of water, cans of soda and bags of chips.
As well as those snacks, they also load chinese noodles onboard so just ask the flight attendant to make some for you anytime.

The crew on these flights are pretty good (they're the UK based crew), so your more likely to get the younger nice looking broads than the older AKL based dragons.....

For a more detailed rundown have a look at the TR's as per the above comment, but hope this helps a bit.
Old May 28, 2009, 2:37 am

Location: This is a personal account and my views and opinions DON'T represent those of my employer.
Originally Posted by 77Wguy

The crew on these flights are pretty good (they're the UK based crew), so your more likely to get the younger nice looking broads than the older AKL based dragons.....
Hopefully this was tongue in cheek, but out of respect to me and the other AKL based crew who have contributed to this forum for years, could we avoid this sort of comment? It really is quite dispiriting.
Old May 28, 2009, 3:40 am

Programs: AirNZ AP *GE, Aegean *G, BMI Gold, BA Exec club Gold, UA MP, QFF
Originally Posted by nz_crew
Hopefully this was tongue in cheek, but out of respect to me and the other AKL based crew who have contributed to this forum for years, could we avoid this sort of comment? It really is quite dispiriting.
Totally agree with nz_crew
Old May 28, 2009, 3:56 am

Programs: AirNZ Gold Elite + a bunch of nothings thanks to covid
Agree. I find comments about the age/looks etc of flights attendants to be totally offensive.

Their role is to provide a service & when they do that well I am happy.
(In fact, I generally find the NZ FA's to be excellent. Can't say I pay any attention to what they look like, as it is completely irrelevant to the job they are doing.)
Old May 28, 2009, 8:33 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I've often found on NZ that it is the most senior FAs that give the best service - polished, assured, capable, but with a good sense of humour. Though I have very seldom had any real complaints about the level of service from any NZ FAs, with the exception of some of the ZEAL320 crews which can be distinctly lacking in polish.
Old May 28, 2009, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by mad_atta
I've often found on NZ that it is the most senior FAs that give the best service - polished, assured, capable, but with a good sense of humour.
Unfortunately that has not been the case for me, yet it was not my intention to offend anyone......tongue-in-cheek indeed....if you will.
Old May 29, 2009, 1:08 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
To contine the OT nature of this thread...

I've have experienced FAs on NZ that range from black to white, man to woman, old to young, gay to straight and a combination of all the above. I have only ever received fantastic service from all.
Old May 29, 2009, 3:02 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
I have never had an issue with an NZ FA though there is one particular LH female FA I cannot stand ,but she is an angel compared to some of the UA FAs I have come across.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.