Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to add *A FF# Online?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 9:08 am
Original Poster

How to add *A FF# Online?

I made a booking on Travelocity and had a go at figuring out how to add my FF# to my booking via Air Newzelands website and can not find anything. Any ideas or am I best to just call?
Old May 26, 2009, 12:59 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
\

Don't think you can do this online, probably best just to give them a call.
Old May 26, 2009, 1:03 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Either call Air NZ or add it at check in.
Old May 26, 2009, 1:18 pm
In memoriam

But you will need to add it by phone if you're *G etc and wish to select decent seats online
Old May 26, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
It's particularly annoying that you can't do this online - you'd think it would be an easy feature to add to the 'select a seat' function.
Old May 26, 2009, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I agree, and have likw been annoyed by AirNZ's system - even when booking online with them - there is only room to enter 1 FFP number, and if I use my THAI Gold status - fine, but I then can't regularly access the booking on MyAirNZ.com site as teh booking is not associated with my Airpoints account.

In your case, you can select a seat, but unless your FF# is entered prior (somehow), your status won't be recognised - the nub of your problem.

FTers with 2+ FFP accounts are, I suppose, in teh minority of air travellers.....
Old May 26, 2009, 2:15 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
FTers with 2+ FFP accounts are, I suppose, in teh minority of air travellers.....
Yes, although NZ has the systems to deal with this through FQTS and FQTV fields. It is the customer interface that is lacking. To be fair many other airlines also struggle to deal adequately with multiple FF numbers.
Old May 26, 2009, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes, although NZ has the systems to deal with this through FQTS and FQTV fields.
Exactly - and it takes all of 4 seconds. They will just need to segment relate if using multiple FF numbers on an itin.
Old May 26, 2009, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
If you have an NZ PNR from the Travelocity booking then you could logon to MyAirNZ and add the booking to your flight booking list. Would this automatically associate the booking with your NZ FF#?
Old May 26, 2009, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
If you have an NZ PNR from the Travelocity booking then you could logon to MyAirNZ and add the booking to your flight booking list. Would this automatically associate the booking with your NZ FF#?
Theoretically yes - but there are so many discrepancies, and the smallest, most minor hiccup in the booking (esp an agents) can make these simple things a somewhat substantial task.
To be honest, the best way to make sure that things are all as they should be is to contact a member of the premium team directly.
Old May 26, 2009, 9:56 pm
In memoriam

I was under the impression that bookings made through an external TA/website couldn't be viewed on the NZ website anyway? Or has this changed? All my NZ bookings are generally done through NZ, so I'm not really sure...
Old May 26, 2009, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by wijomas
I was under the impression that bookings made through an external TA/website couldn't be viewed on the NZ website anyway?
My experience is that external bookings do show up on 'myairnz'. In my case flights booked through a broker, who knows to load my AP # in the CARINA PNR.
Old May 27, 2009, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by kiwibigdave
My experience is that external bookings do show up on 'myairnz'. In my case flights booked through a broker, who knows to load my AP # in the CARINA PNR.
But using your *A FFP# certainly won't associate the NZ booking with MyAirNZ.com ... which is my gripe (albeit a little one).
Old May 28, 2009, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the posts. I went old school and picked up the phone and called Customer Service. Good news is that someone picked up after two rings. I am *A Gold and just wanted on the record so I could get a good seat - and a good seat I did get! Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.