Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Selecting seats on NZ

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Selecting seats on NZ

When am I able to see what seats remain on a flight when making a booking on NZ using their web site? I would like to book a premium economy fare but would prefer the 2 seats on the upper deck of the 744.

Cheers

fjgolder
Old May 26, 2009, 1:00 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Once you make a booking you can select seats
Old May 26, 2009, 3:24 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Can I call and request different seats?

I have a *A award with LAX-AKL as one segment. If I pull up the record on the NZ site, it shows 4J & 4K and that seat requests are no longer available for the booking. My airline obviously made that seat request or they were auto-assigned as I didn't select them.

I would like to change that to 4/5K or 4/5J, or any two seats not aisle-separated as recommended in every herringbone seating design I've ever read for couples.
Old May 26, 2009, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy

I have a *A award with LAX-AKL as one segment. If I pull up the record on the NZ site, it shows 4J & 4K and that seat requests are no longer available for the booking. My airline obviously made that seat request or they were auto-assigned as I didn't select them.

I would like to change that to 4/5K or 4/5J, or any two seats not aisle-separated as recommended in every herringbone seating design I've ever read for couples.
Can't hurt to call NZ and ask them for different seats. All they can do is say no
Old May 27, 2009, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy

Definitely call and ask mate, you can change them for sure it takes a couple of keystrokes, but whether those specific seats you want are available you can only ask.
If they aren't - get the consultant to book them through 'specific seat requests' and that allows you to pretty much waitlist for them if they're not available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.