Community
Wiki Posts
Search

question re PER-AKL on 767

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2009, 3:58 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
Hello, I have a few questions about the PER-AKL flight in biz class.
Did this recently, see my uncomplimentary comments about the seating on this page and the previous one:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...n-deux-32.html
To be fair to it's a problem on all 763's to squeeze six biz class seats across the narrow cabin, there's room only for the width of Y seats.

As for sleeping, not much time for that, a fierce tailwind is common which brings you in to AKL between midnight and 1am Perth time.

And yes they use the Qantas lounge in PER, and yes there's an amenity kit and no there wasn't much of a party on board thank heavens even though it was a Friday night.

Edit - Of course the NZ service was exemplary as always.

Last edited by harryhv; Jun 3, 2009 at 4:04 am
Old Jun 3, 2009, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks. Luckily I'm not built like a rugby player so the width won't be a problem. I guess width wise its no different than the Delta biz elite seats on the 767 which is 2-2-2 which I fit into without too much issue.

I've tried the NZ A320 biz seat and that was quite hard so I'm expecting the same on the 767. I certainly wouldn't like to be on the 767 from NRT-AKL.

Good news on the QF lounge as I've never tried one of their lounges before being a *A loyalist. Hopefully there isn't a fierce tail wind as that would make my 4 hour connection in AKL even longer!
Old Jun 3, 2009, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by martin79
hello, i am looking to fly from PER-AKL-PER next month in J (first time on Air New Zealand, normally fly with QF). I understand the Boeing 767s are being updated with new seating, IFE, etc - does anyone know if this has been completed and what are the chances of an updated config on this route? thanks for your help
All the 767's have been refurbished with the new interiors.
Bottoms up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.