Wiki Posts
Search

YVR Ground Service

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2009, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

YVR Ground Service

I'll be flying YVR-AKL this weekend and would like to know if NZ have their own ground staff at YVR or is it AC that handles their ground operations?

I'll be connecting from an AC flight ex-YYZ to NZ83 which all will be on same TKT but I've had issues with AC not being able to check luggages through to another *A partner on one ticket so I'll be preparing for the worst about needing to get another BP in YVR hence my question regarding the ground operations. Thanks!
Old May 29, 2009, 10:09 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
I'll be flying YVR-AKL this weekend and would like to know if NZ have their own ground staff at YVR or is it AC that handles their ground operations?

I'll be connecting from an AC flight ex-YYZ to NZ83 which all will be on same TKT but I've had issues with AC not being able to check luggages through to another *A partner on one ticket so I'll be preparing for the worst about needing to get another BP in YVR hence my question regarding the ground operations. Thanks!
I can't tell if who represents NZ in YVR, but I can tell you that I have had good success in having bags checked all the way through, and that you will given a new BP in YVR, at the MLL if you have an AC one already. NZ is very particular about using their own BPs, they do contain more info than AC's as in passport. It will show you as AC FQTV *G or some such thing.
Old May 29, 2009, 11:09 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
NZ always reissues BPs printed by other airlines for departures from North America to NZ, due to wanting to double check pax eligibility for entry to NZ. However this BP issue is independent of checking bags through (for example the BP could be reissued at the gate).
Old Jun 1, 2009, 6:29 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Rejuvenated

AC will not check you through if you are on a separate ticket, unless you find someone in a "really, REALLY good mood" so regardless of who handles the bags in YVR, you will have to leave security, get your bags, check in, blah blah blah.

Since you are on the same ticket, you will get a nice bag tag for AKL (or your final destination), so you shouldn't have to worry!

I've been checked through YYZ-YVR-SYD-AKL-WLG with one ticket and there were no issues...
Old Jun 4, 2009, 5:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I did YYT-YYZ-YVR-AKL in May. This was on a single ticket. Bags were checked all the way through to Auckland. As stated earlier Air New Zealand will give you a new boarding pass at the gate.

Hopefully the air conditioning is fixed in the Maple Leaf lounge, now. It was broken in early May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.