Search

Kiwis CAN Fly!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2007, 2:40 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Kiwis CAN Fly!

This last week I flew SYD-AKL, AKL-KIE (Bay of Islands) then KIE-NPE (Napier) then NPE-AKL, then AKL-SYD. I LOVE Air New Zealand! Their staff, their CIVILIZED approach, their politeness, friendliness, and overall professionalism just WOWEd me on EVERY flight.

To say that they are superior to the flights in the US is an understatement. They were just amazing all the way around. Nothing is a big deal, no question is too difficult to handle, and every customer is made to feel special. I am IMPRESSED with Air NewZealand and their service.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA1MM, QF/NZ/VA/UA/DL, etc...
Glad to hear you've had good experiences! As an American who lives in NZ most of the time, I do find them a far cry better than most of my experiences with the US-based carriers these days (well, that plus the airports are a LOT easier to get around!).

Despite a bit of grumbling from some local others who fly a lot more than I do, I still am pretty pleased with NZ and tend to prefer them over QF these days. At least the lounges here do provide some type of food that's not processed and wrapped in shrink-wrap and don't charge you for alcohol, for example.

Now NZ in sports is ANOTHER matter these days, it seems....
Old Nov 26, 2007, 10:05 am

Have to agree with Idsant, we flew 8 times (not alot of times compared to some of you on this site but alot for us) this month with Air New Zealand, 4 long haul & 4 domestic and we cant praise the staff enough, they were fantastic, Air New Zealand should be doing all they can to hang on to these staff members, they make such a difference.

It made flying with two young children a complete pleasure (something we didn't think we would say!)
Old Dec 9, 2007, 11:47 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
The way it should be !

There is in fact something very pleasant about NZ and as a first time flyer with them from CHC to SYD I noticed the following:

Hassle free check in and enthousiastic staff - the 2 hours requirement for international flights seems however exagerated.

The new Koru lounge in CHC which resembles rather a luxury lodge than an airport waiting area is impressive. And the gentlemen host (not lounge dragon - but rather a butler) was absolutely pleasant.

Clean plane, spacious business class seating and a breakfast to remember - especially he bread basket - never seen that even in F.

Cabin crew efficiently enforced the front lavatory for business class passengers despite a very unpleasant tour group in coach.

Express arrival service in SYD very fast and hassle free.

Such an experience reflects well the perception of New Zealand as a happy country and makes one want to fly with that airline whenever possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.