Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

If i miss my conecction in AKL with Air New Zealand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2007, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Flying business class from LAx to AKL o Flight 1 conecting to SYD with flight 101 at 7 am.
I am concerned that if for some reason my first segment is delayed i will miss my conecction and that day the 9 am flight(103) is not available(Oct 30th). Then the next Air New Zealand flight will leave until 1 pm.

Do you know if Air New Zealand will send you to SYD with a different carrier that leaves at 9 or 10 am??? Or will they make you wait until 1 pm??

Thanks folks!!
Old Oct 6, 2007, 11:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
If it is all on the same ticket then you won't have much to worry about. Partly will depend on how many others are on the LAX-AKL flight - there are bound to be several (at least) connecting to SYD, and how late the flight is. They may hold the early flight. If not then depends on the circumstances - how full the other flights are, what status you have (the higher the status the more likely NZ may be to put you on a competitor's flight before their next flight), etc. I don't think you can generalise an answer.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 3:19 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
If you miss your connection you will be stuck in Auckland forever with masses of depressed Kiwis who still wonder why the All Blacks can't perform in a world cup..... (I am wearing an All Blacks Shirt at the moment)

There will be many people transiting to SYD so NZ will look after you. I doubt however that they would send you onto QF etc.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks for yor help guys!!
Hopefully no delays from LAX to AKL
Old Oct 8, 2007, 1:53 pm
DML

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, HHonors Diamond
I've done this combo a few times and in my experience unless the delay is huge then they hold many connecting flights for NZ1. As mentioned, there are usually a few folk connecting onto the SYD flight and so far so good, we've been fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.