Wiki Posts
Search

NZ's AVOD wasn't working on my flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2007, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ KC/ NZ*G
Wink NZ's AVOD wasn't working on my flight

Hi Guys, I'm just wondering if anyone had the same experience as I have. On the 28th Sep I was flying NZ38 from HKG-AKL, before we were boarding the plane and we were told the AVOD is not going to work on this flight, because the people at Hong Kong can't get it fixed. I was thinking oh my god what I'm going to do for the next 10 hours, they must give us some sort of compensation for us, coz I paid a lot of this flight. Once we boarded the flight and sitting down drinking my welcome drink, the FSM came to us said: here is a form for you to fill out for compensation regading the AVOD, I was like woww. On the form there were three choices, 1, if you are AirNZ member then you could get 180AIRNZ$, 2. you can get $180 off on any AirNZ flights within a year.3 you can get $180 off on any Staralliance airline flights.

I choosed the $180 off on NZ flights, coz I only flight to PVG and it's easier for me.

Which one would like to have?

p.s I don't know what the compensation in economy class really, as I know there were two different forms. I still haven't received any thing yet and my friend still haven't got this $180 Airnz $

Last edited by AKL/XIY; Oct 9, 2007 at 9:43 pm Reason: add more info
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Of the three choices the NZ airpoints dollars would be the most valuable. Nice to see NZ offering compensation for this. I would have thought that being seated in Y the loss of AVOD has a bigger impact on enjoyment of the flights but I don't expect NZ would see it that way

Jeff
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:30 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
I would trade 180 airbucks for not having AVOD anytime on night flights. And considering using airbucks to upgrade on NZ flights is something money can't buy, I see airbucks more valuable than cash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.