Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning miles on S class tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2007, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Earning miles on S class tickets?

We have tickets for LHR-LAX-[overland]-SFO-AKL-HKG-LHR booked in S class, and AKL-WLG-ALK booked in Q class.
I was going to put any milage earned onto my Virgin Flying club account, however I'm not sure this is possible on this ticket. I was told it would definately earn airpoints, but not miles on partner airlines. However the t&c's on the eticket state it wont even earn airpoints...
Should I risk adding my virgin FC number to the reservation? Or would I lose any miles at all that way?
Is it worth paying the NZ$50 for an airpoints account? How many airpoints would I accrue for the journey, as this isn't clear from the airnz website.

Many thanks for any tips!

David
Old Oct 3, 2007, 3:42 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The eticket wording has not been updated for the change last December that the cheapest longhaul fares earn airbucks. You will not earn any points/miles to your VS account though, except for AKL-WLG-AKL.

Assuming you are flying on NZ flight numbers and metal only (no VS flights for LHR-LAX or HKG-LHR) then you will earn the following airbucks

55 for LHR-LAX
80 for SFO-AKL
10 for AKL-WLG
10 for WLG-AKL
110 for AKL-HKG-LHR (assuming not stopping over in HKG, otherwise 125).

So your $50 fee gets you 265/280 airbucks, which can be used for an airfare on NZ metal up to that amount in $$ (or enough for a one-way *A or VS flight intra-europe, in economy, no connections and max 2000km).

It also gets you more than half way to *S status

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.