Search

Few questions on a booking

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2007, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, PC, HH
Few questions on a booking

Hi there

I have a few questions - I'm looking to book a HKG to LHR flight one way - I'm actually in SYD at the moment and just need that segment to fit in with some *A redemptions I'm doing.

Air NZ seem cheap at the mo and also would like to accrue some BD points.

Its a struggle to book that segments and choosing the type of fare I want unless I go to the HK website - which is my first question, will I have any problem purchasing form the HK website - I take it all tickets are e-tickets now? It would actually work out better for me since the NZ YQ Fuel surcharge is cheaper from HKG than SYD.

The other question is when I'm on the HKG website and searching that route I can see a few options, in particular global saver and global saver max. Am I right in thinking that global saver will book me into QVWT, and so I should earn airmiles, global saver max will book me into LS and so I won't earn any miles?

Thanks for the advice in advance!
Old Oct 2, 2007, 10:55 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Yup no miles for global saver max (except if crediting to NZ airpoints), but global saver earns miles (at discounted rate for some FFPs).
Old Oct 3, 2007, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply Kiwi Flyer, So global saver will acrue miles and under BD QVWT all get you 1.0x times so I should be ok with that.

Anyone know if you have difficultly booking via a different website to where you are based - e.g. I'm in SYD and want to use the HKG website?
Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:55 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Should be no problem at all. Given NZ's schedule and having separate ticket to get to HKG you will need to overnight (at least) in HKG.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Cheers for the replies Kiwi Flyer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.