Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CHC International Shuttle

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2006, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
CHC International Shuttle

Flatmate just told me that Air NZ will be operating a 737 flight from CHC (Int)to AKL (Int) departing 20:45 to connect to sevral international flights.
There will be a return service AKL (Int) to CHC (Int) departing 06:40.
The benefits of this:
1. You do not need to transfer to/from International terminal to domestic terminal at AKL ^
2. You will check and pick up bags at CHC ^
3. You will clear customs and immigration at CHC ^
My guess this will just be for ANZ customers and will not have domestic passengers, if numbers need boosting maybe expand it to *A or even all international flights. I also do not know if Koru Club will be available at CHC (Int) as that may be shut due to no flights at that time.
If this service is succesful then a similar one maybe introduced at WLG, well here is hopng for me.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 10:07 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
It will be nice if they can allow pax transferring to other international flights also (eg SQ282), as well as domestic. AKL to CHC strikes me as being a little too early since the early flights (from LAX, SFO and PER) can often arrive late after 6.
Old Oct 1, 2006, 11:52 pm

That was first announced back in June

Kiwi Flyer, the AKL to CHC was originally scheduled for departure at 6:25 but that has since been pushed back.

Service now starts 30 October (northbound) and 31 October (southbound) not 29 October as originally notified.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:23 pm

Programs: F
Great!! I read the above - I have a pre-NZ303 vintage LHR-AKL-CHC booking for March - so I phoned up Air NZ and found that they had already switched us across to the shuttle. Lovely agent, really friendly. The new arrangements sound much more civilised, presumably we can use the International Lounge + showers whilst waiting. (Flying in BP)
Old Oct 3, 2007, 9:41 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I'm on NZ302 CHC-AKL on Monday evening, and I was surprised to see that it was listed as having a 'snack'... anyone know if there is, in fact, any service on this flight?
Old Oct 3, 2007, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA Prem Exec Air New Zealand Gold Elite
Originally Posted by mad_atta
I'm on NZ302 CHC-AKL on Monday evening, and I was surprised to see that it was listed as having a 'snack'... anyone know if there is, in fact, any service on this flight?
I have done this flight 7/8 times. never any food. The last time, however, they had 'buy on board' muffins etc.. so maybe there has been a change.

It is a great flight, saves time, easy customs arrival in CHC.

The new Christchurch International Koro Club is, in my opinion the best in the whole Air NZ system. Not as big as some ,of course, but as good as Melbourne's new one, and much better than that long, badly lit, featureless LAX lounge which everyone else seems to love (But that's another story!)
Old Oct 4, 2007, 12:49 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I'm really looking forward to trying the new CHC international lounge. The old one was a disgrace - apart from the free food and drink it was inferior in every other way to the public seating in the rest of the international terminal. I haven't yet had the pleasure of the MEL or LAX lounges, so this will be my first experience of a new style NZ lounge.

If only they would now facelift the AKL international lounge...
Old Oct 4, 2007, 12:42 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by mad_atta
If only they would now facelift the AKL international lounge...
And make it bigger. The other day flying TG F I left the lounge in disgust. There was no room to sit anywhere

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.