Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Biz cabin on 747

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2007, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Biz cabin on 747

I was looking at NZ's eat map on SeatGuru and it looks like there is a lot of space in the middle of the forward biz cabin. I have never seen another seat map with so much space. Do they put anything there or is it just open?
Old Sep 20, 2007, 1:58 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
The seat map from airnz.co.nz gives you a better veiw of what the cabin is set out like more than seatGuru http://www.airnz.co.nz/travelinfo/on..._new_popup.htm

also heres a picture of the foward j cabin
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1065908/L/
Old Sep 21, 2007, 1:54 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
The first 2 seats look very cramped and close together - ideal for couples perhaps but I wouldn't go there if I were traveling alone.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 2:00 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
The first 2 seats look very cramped and close together - ideal for couples perhaps but I wouldn't go there if I were traveling alone.
They're not cramped, they have the same space in suite as the other suites however, yes, they are close together. Ideal for couples and I'd agree, I wouldn't want to be there if I was travelling solo.
My wife and I always opt for those seats on our VS flights and we have them our NZ flights next month too
Old Sep 21, 2007, 2:02 am

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Originally Posted by Private Pyle
They're not cramped, they have the same space in suite as the other suites however, yes, they are close together. Ideal for couples and I'd agree, I wouldn't want to be there if I was travelling solo.
My wife and I always opt for those seats on our VS flights and we have them our NZ flights next month too

I took them on a couple of flights recently, and they don't have the same amount of space...due to the curve of the nose section, when you recline into bed (well, the seat flips over), you don't have a huge amount of room behind you. After a LON-LAX flight, we changed seats for the rest of our trip further back to row 5 and then tried seats in zone B. They were more spacious (again, when in bed mode), otherwise they are all just the same.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 6:25 am

Programs: Air NZ.
My wife and I had 20A and 20K recently long haul HKG-LHR, and then had 14K and 15K on the way back LHR-HKG, so a nice contrast of upstairs and middle section downstairs. I found the downstairs to be much better than I expected, and these two seats were ideal for couples. My wife loved 15K as it was 'behind' everyone else, so you feel no one is looking semi-across at you from the aisle seats, very private. It's certainly easier to look over at another K seat than talk across the aisle!

It was nice upstairs, but it didn't feel quite as exclusive due to the PE seats behind you. Next time, I'd probably go 1A and 1K if we could, but if not, I'd be very happy with 14K/15K again. Love the BP product, lie flat is fantastic long haul, my only complaint was that I was just too hot under the blanket, even with loose breathy pants on, perhaps a sheet would be a nice option for us hot blooded males??

Cheers
TiggerK
Old Sep 21, 2007, 3:03 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Smile

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
The seat map from airnz.co.nz gives you a better veiw of what the cabin is set out like more than seatGuru http://www.airnz.co.nz/travelinfo/on..._new_popup.htm
Don't you just love the NZ seat map where they also show where the flight crew sits! Unfortunately you cannot choose them.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 7:49 pm
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Don't you just love the NZ seat map where they also show where the flight crew sits! Unfortunately you cannot choose them.
I thought a 747 would have 3 or 4 flight crew?

tht
Old Sep 22, 2007, 10:23 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by tht
I thought a 747 would have 3 or 4 flight crew?

tht
The "classic" 747s, 747-1, 747SR, 747-2, 747SP and 747-3 had a three crew cockpit, Captain, Pilot and Flight Engineer.
The 747-4 and 747-8 have the two crew cockpit. There are jumpseats in the cockpit.
You are right though on long hauls there are reserve crew members that do shifts in flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.