Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Sold Out?!?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2007, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM, Continental Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, National Emerald, Hertz Gold
Business Sold Out?!?

Trying to book an Air NZ flight from either LAX/SFO on Saturday-Monday October 20-22 and get nothing available on any of those dates. Could business really be sold out on these dates? If so congrats to Air NZ I guess, I will have to get seats on United through SYD. Just wondering if business does sell out in three day blocks on Air NZ? Should I wait and see if something opens or just go a different direction?
Old Sep 20, 2007, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Wait and see. Don't buy UA when you're still a month out. I bet you will get a seat on NZ.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 1:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
There is indeed a week with availability in business class only on 1 day each for LAX-AKL and SFO-AKL.

Not too surprising - it is both a long weekend and just after the end of the rugby world cup, which thousands of kiwis are in france to see. (Indeed 1 of those flights is likely fully booked in business and premium economy for the team to return home.)

You could of course slum it in premium economy (available SFO-AKL all except 20th and 22nd, but only available LAX-AKL on 19th & 23rd).
Old Sep 21, 2007, 1:31 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Originally Posted by Mr. Kee Wee
Not too surprising - it is both a long weekend and just after the end of the rugby world cup, which thousands of kiwis are in france to see. (Indeed 1 of those flights is likely fully booked in business and premium economy for the team to return home.
That's assuming the All Blacks make it to the Final .
Old Sep 21, 2007, 9:51 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I would say it's correct, there seems to be many days where Business and Prem Economy are fully booked in Sept/October

Good for Air NZ Perhaps they should have even more Bus Prem seats ?

I am sure the 8 extra Prem Economy seats were due this month or next ? So that should help ease the Prem Economy issues that appear to be present at the moment
Old Sep 22, 2007, 1:31 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
That's assuming the All Blacks make it to the Final .
good point - if they don't win the cup they may not be coming home
Old Oct 6, 2007, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
good point - if they don't win the cup they may not be coming home

Bloody Wayne Barnes
Old Oct 7, 2007, 10:40 am

Yep still totally sold out in premium cabins until 30th october.

SFOAKL 2115 0630*2 NZ 007 772 0 C0 D0 Z0 J0 U0 E0 O0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.