Wiki Posts
Search

NAN/RAR route

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, PC, HH
NAN/RAR route

I know NZ currently fly a NAN/RAR route, and the star timetable has a route changing at the end of september - i assume becuase of daylight saving but when I try searching for this route past the end of October I can't seem to find the direct route - does anyone know if this route is being discontinued??

Cheers

Last edited by Mr_Bigglesworth; Aug 30, 2007 at 10:27 pm
Old Aug 31, 2007, 1:41 am

Location: This is a personal account and my views and opinions DON'T represent those of my employer.
NAN-RAR route terminated effective 28 October
Old Aug 31, 2007, 10:29 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
Is NZ still flying AKL-PPT?

I just checked the time table online for AKL-PPT flights next year in March, but the only thing that is coming up are Air Tahiti Nui codeshare flights such as NZ4081 or something like that. Has NZ also discontinued this route?
Old Aug 31, 2007, 11:00 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
No once a week

Originally Posted by Sydfly
I just checked the time table online for AKL-PPT flights next year in March, but the only thing that is coming up are Air Tahiti Nui codeshare flights such as NZ4081 or something like that. Has NZ also discontinued this route?
I radomly checked 5 April NZ40 departs 00:05 arrives 06:05 PPT-AKL NZ41 17:30 arrives 22:35 +1. It looks as if they have cut the service down to once a week operating Saturdays only.
Strange rumours I hear are that Air Tahiti Nui are bankrupt....
Old Sep 2, 2007, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, PC, HH
Cheers for the info, but rats, there goes my redemption idea!!
Old Sep 2, 2007, 7:07 pm
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Air NZ continues to operate AKL-PPT and straight back every Saturday am (arriving Friday evening) and every Sunday early am (arriving mid-pm Saturday).

As for Air Tahiti Nui, it's not a business but an arm of government inbound tourism policy, so it's not going anywhere.

There again, the government has just been toppled, so who knows.

BTW, the alternative for points trips is to use RAR and to buy RAR-PPT sidetrips on Air Tahiti (not Nui).
Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by DCF
Air NZ continues to operate AKL-PPT and straight back every Saturday am (arriving Friday evening) and every Sunday early am (arriving mid-pm Saturday).

As for Air Tahiti Nui, it's not a business but an arm of government inbound tourism policy, so it's not going anywhere.

There again, the government has just been toppled, so who knows.

BTW, the alternative for points trips is to use RAR and to buy RAR-PPT sidetrips on Air Tahiti (not Nui).
I just checked with Air Tahiti's website: http://www.airtahiti.aero/home.php
According to that they don't fly between RAR-PPT.
If they do, I would be very interested.
Is there any airline flying between RAR & PPT now?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 4:08 pm

Programs: AC MM
I did find the flights, however for some reason they don't show up on their regular booking site on Air Tahiti.
In case someone else is interested here is the schedule:

Tahiti - Rarotonga
Days Depart Arrival Flight n° On board
service
Tuesday 07H15 09H55 35 Breakfast
Saturday 12H15 14H55 33 Meal

Rarotonga - Tahiti
Days Depart Arrival Flight n° On board
service
Tuesday 10H55 13H40 36 Meal
Saturday 15H55 18H40 34 Snack

These flights can also be booked on the Air Rarotonga website, flight is operated by Air Tahiti ATR.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 6:29 pm
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Both Air Rarotonga and Air Tahiti will sell RAR-PPT seats at NZ$499 or NZ$599 each way.

I've considered doing it as a way of continuing to use Air NZ to get to Tahiti, but I'm afraid that if Air Tahiti drops the RAR-PPT flights after I've already booked my Air NZ international flights I'd be totally ****ed.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 9:40 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by DCF
Both Air Rarotonga and Air Tahiti will sell RAR-PPT seats at NZ$499 or NZ$599 each way.

I've considered doing it as a way of continuing to use Air NZ to get to Tahiti, but I'm afraid that if Air Tahiti drops the RAR-PPT flights after I've already booked my Air NZ international flights I'd be totally ****ed.
I currently have award flights reserved with NZ in business class for August/September 2008 SYD-AKL-PPT and back.
But maybe I can do SYD-AKL-PPT-RAR-AKL-SYD and fit the Cook Islands in as well. Not sure whether this will be worth the money however.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 10:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Is any other airline flying this route now or is via AKL my only choice?
Old Oct 7, 2007, 11:50 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Maybe Air Pacific or Air Rarotonga?
Old Oct 7, 2007, 12:45 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Olip
Is any other airline flying this route now or is via AKL my only choice?
I belive air nz is the only airline at current that is flying NAN-RAR therefore you will most likely have to go via AKL / CHC / PPT / LAX.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 1:53 am

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Maybe Air Pacific or Air Rarotonga?
...unfortunately they don't and according to Sabre, Amadeus etc. there seems to be no nonstop. (even though not all carriers might be loaded in those CRS)

So, if anyone has an idea how to get from NAN to RAR without staying overnight in AKL, pls let me know.

Thx, Martin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.