Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ reconsidering service to NZWP

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2007, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A NZ Gold Elite for over 20 years previously SQ PPS and UA 1K
Air NZ reconsidering service to NZWP

TV3 are reporting on their web site Air NZ are considering operating to and from NZWP (Whenuapai).

Given their constant bickering with NZAA (AKL) over landing fees and given 50% of Auckland's population live closer to NZWP than NZAA this is a very sensible option to evaluate.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 2:55 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Already posted in the Air NZ news thread.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:57 pm
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
Originally Posted by Kiwi_FF
TV3 are reporting on their web site Air NZ are considering operating to and from NZWP (Whenuapai).

Given their constant bickering with NZAA (AKL) over landing fees and given 50% of Auckland's population live closer to NZWP than NZAA this is a very sensible option to evaluate.
Not very convenient for those who are connecting to international flights, unless we then a ZZWP-AKL service.

tht
Old Aug 21, 2007, 8:12 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I don't see anything come from it. Just posturing over the latest airport fees. Even if it did eventuate, I'd guess it would split domestic flights between Auckland and Whenuapai but international would only be from Auckland. Which is a negative for many pax - less easily connecting flights, likely higher fares to Auckland (vs Whenuapai) and an annoying airport shuffle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.