Wiki Posts
Search

Basic Upgrade Question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2006, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Hertz PC, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Basic Upgrade Question

Sorry for the basic question but I was going a little crazy trying to read through the Air New Zealand website and the threads here. I am wondering what are status upgrades and are they transferable like American VIP upgrades or United Systemwide upgrades?
Old Dec 23, 2006, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Upgrade certificates are not transferable from NZ to any other airline. In general that is the case for all these types of upgrade. An exception of course are UA SWU's which can be converted to paper for use on LH

Jeff
Old Dec 23, 2006, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Hertz PC, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Sorry to be unclear. I was actually wondering if someone who earned upgrades on Air New Zealand can use them for another person. Specifically, I am asking this because my sister has flights coming up on Air New Zealand and I was trying to figure out if there is any way to upgrade her other than by simply paying the fare difference.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 2:49 am

Programs: NZGE.... and bronze on every other program
To the best of my knowledge the only 3 ways to upgrade on Air NZ are;

1. Pay the difference; or

2. Use Air NZ Air Dollars to buy standby or confirmed upgrades (in which case you would need to gift points to your sister)

3. Use NZ Upgrade certificates (which from memory are not transferrable)

The other trick, make sure she has an upgradable ticket.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 11:23 am

Gold and Gold Elite Airpoints members are able to gift upgrade awards (both complementary upgrades and Airpoints upgrades), with some restrictions.

See http://www.airnz.co.nz/airpoints/fre...ients_extended

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.