Wiki Posts
Search

Class M and Premium Economy Seats

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2006, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan E75
Class M and Premium Economy Seats

Will travel on NZ on a *A RTW, in booking class M. Would that allow us to sit in Premium Economy?
Old Oct 13, 2006, 10:20 am

No. M is an economy booking class code.

However, I believe that it is possible with the *RTW to pay a surcharge (US$300?) to upgrade sectors to Premium Economy.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stewardo

However, I believe that it is possible with the *RTW to pay a surcharge (US$300?) to upgrade sectors to Premium Economy.
US $300 per sector?
Old Oct 13, 2006, 2:55 pm

NZ Pacific Premium Economy is available for passengers
paying Economy RTW fare at a surcharge of USD300. The
surcharge must be reflected as a Q-surcharge after the
applicable sector. No surcharge applies for passengers paying
First/Business Class RTW fares. Child/infant discounts apply.
NZ Pacific Premium Economy is booked in E class. For the
purpose of this rule AKL-LHR is considered two sectors i.e.
AKL-LAX/LAX-LHR, and LHR-AKL is considered two sectors.
i.e. LHR-LAX/LAX-AKL.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2006, 3:21 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
BTW, Star Round the World fares should be ticketed in H class, not M class.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by DCF
?
Since June the YRWSTAR has booked into M ?
Old Jun 27, 2007, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DCF
Was ticketed in November 2006 (by AC) in class M on NZ segments.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

The Dreaded Middle Seat Made Me Switch To Ac

Well, facing the choice between NZ 777 3-3-3 seating arrangement, even in E+, or NZ 747 3-4-3 seating arrangement, and because sitting in a middle seat is the worst thing I ever experienced when flying, and I could absolutely not imagine being in a middle seat for a long flight, I paid to have my RTW ticket re-issued and will fly AC to SYD and then NZ to AKL. Besides, I knew I could grab 2 seats aisle and window on AC and, as a SuperElite on AC, will probably be upgraded all the way YUL-YVR-HNL-SYD, whereas comments on this board convinced me think it was very unlikely NZ would upgrade 2 AC *gold.

Why do airlines insist on having so many middle seats? NH has its 777 configured 2-5-2. So, at least 2 x 2 persons per row can travel together without a stranger among them. With 3-3-3 on a long flight… couples are obviously sharing the night with a stranger.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 5:21 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by ulyparis
Why do airlines insist on having so many middle seats? NH has its 777 configured 2-5-2. So, at least 2 x 2 persons per row can travel together without a stranger among them. With 3-3-3 on a long flight… couples are obviously sharing the night with a stranger.
I think that the 2-5-2 was one of the best seating arrangements, until load factors started to increase and the likelihood of getting a person in the middle 5 has increased. The other thing to consider is that IFE boxes serve 3 seats so 3-3-3 mean 3 boxes for Y rows as opposed to 4 boxes. The Airbus 2-4-2 seating is perhaps my second favourite plan.
Oh dear I am starting to sound like an A.nutter now
Old Sep 24, 2007, 7:33 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
I think that the 2-5-2 was one of the best seating arrangements, until load factors started to increase and the likelihood of getting a person in the middle 5 has increased. The other thing to consider is that IFE boxes serve 3 seats so 3-3-3 mean 3 boxes for Y rows as opposed to 4 boxes. The Airbus 2-4-2 seating is perhaps my second favourite plan.
Oh dear I am starting to sound like an A.nutter now
And it really sucks when you get that middle seat!
Old Sep 25, 2007, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by ajnz
And it really sucks when you get that middle seat!
I've never been in a middle seat on NZ - even when flights have been oversold or cancelled. It does always help to request seats in advance from the Air NZ call centre.

Of course, I haven't been so lucky on other airlines - eight miserable hours on United in the middle of a crowded 777 row of five.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

I've never been in a middle seat on NZ - even when flights have been oversold or cancelled. It does always help to request seats in advance from the Air NZ call centre.

Of course, I haven't been so lucky on other airlines - eight miserable hours on United in the middle of a crowded 777 row of five.
On a 3-3-3 when travelling by 2, how can you avoid being in a middle seat or being an aisle apart from your travel companion?
Old Sep 25, 2007, 2:29 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
I've had a couple, often last minute WLG-AKL-WLGs at peak times; or when I've missed a flight. I vaguely recall the horrors of a Tasman flight in a middle seat as well.
That's the seat I was referring to really sucking
Originally Posted by ulyparis
On a 3-3-3 when travelling by 2, how can you avoid being in a middle seat or being an aisle apart from your travel companion?
Middle seat blocking is one option.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 2:43 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I've been very lucky. Even last minute purchases or cancellation and rebookings I've managed to avoid a middle seat on full a/c ^

I recall a UA flight a couple of years ago in the middle exit row seat, but figure I have nothing to complain about since UA bumped someone off ( ) the oversold flight right before boarding in order to get me on it.

Other than that I'd say its been 10 years (and over 1000 flights) at least since I last had the horrors of a middle seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.