Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ in the news

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2006, 9:58 pm

140 new cabin crew to train in UK for Air NZ

Air New Zealand is to train 140 new cabin crew in London to cater for an additional second daily Auckland to London flight later this year.

From October 28 the company will introduce a second daily flight between Auckland and London, via Hong Kong.

International airline group general manager Ed Sims said the airline had contracted United Kingdom-based company CTC Aviation to provide new recruits and flight service managers....
Stuff
Old May 19, 2006, 4:41 am

Programs: SQ *G, QF S, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Advantage Platinum
Two Magazine Articles about Air NZ and Auckland Airport

I have searched this thread and forum but can't find a reference to it. This news is a bit old but as it lists all references to Air NZ I thought I would add it.

The March edition of Airliner World has a full 6 page story about the delivery of Air NZ's first 777. It also talks about the cabin revamp and has a few pictures and information about the new products such as seats and IFE.

This is still on the shelves on the bookstores in Melbourne, (I did purchase this a couple of weeks ago, so it may soon disappear).

The web site www.airlinerworld.com doesn't have any snipets of the stories in the magazine. Using the 10% rule here is one paragraph from the magazine.
Here is a link to the site selling back issues --> http://shop.keypublishing.com/acatal...arch_2006.html

That evening Boeing and Air New Zealand engineers readied the aircraft for its unusual evening departure from Paine Field. It is very rare for delivery flights to leave the field after 7pm. However, when their is a tight schedule - due to the arrival ceremony being 7,000 miles (11,265km) away - it is necessary to be flexible.

It's a good story.

It's sister magazine Airports of the World (www.airportsworld.com) in the March/April edition had a story about Auckland. I didn't buy this mag, but read the article in the bookstore on Wednesday.

This month's edition has an article abour Melbourne Airport.
Same as above - here is a link to the back issue -->
http://shop.keypublishing.com/acatal..._marapr06.html
Old May 19, 2006, 3:24 pm

Air NZ staff given stern warning

The chairman of Air New Zealand has taken the unusual step of telling staff they should quit if they don't like the radical changes taking place....
...And now the chairman, John Palmer, has sent a blunt message telling workers that "those who try to resist change - or undermine it - are not welcome at Air New Zealand"....
TVNZ
Old May 19, 2006, 3:26 pm

Air New Zealand goes green

Air New Zealand will be unveiling its new brand identity and colour, supported by an advertising campaign, next week.

The airline is focusing its marketing push on the Chelsea Flower Show. Air New Zealand is the official airline to this years 100 per cent Pure New Zealand Garden at Chelsea....
mad.co.uk - Delivering Business Insight
Old May 19, 2006, 7:23 pm

Programs: AirNZ Gold Elite, Qantas Bronze, United Mileage Plus, Virgin Blue Velocity, Accor Advantage Plus,
Originally Posted by ntddevsys
ntddevsys,

Do you have the full article. I am in Melbourne at the moment, and missed it, but my business partner is in NZ and thought it was appalling in terms of the impact on staff morale.
Old May 19, 2006, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by WellingtonFF
ntddevsys,

Do you have the full article. I am in Melbourne at the moment, and missed it, but my business partner is in NZ and thought it was appalling in terms of the impact on staff morale.
If your refering to the "from the chairman" which was circulated amongst staff - no sorry I don't have a copy at the moment, but I'm sure one will show itself sooner or later (seeing it's pretty easy for staff to print the relevant page off the korunet).

I don't think it was particularly well worded - while change is important (particularly wrt Loyalty and customer recognition program enhancements and more emphasis on staff performance-based rewards), some may take it to say - disagree with us and your gone.
Old May 20, 2006, 2:44 am

Programs: AirNZ Gold Elite, Qantas Bronze, United Mileage Plus, Virgin Blue Velocity, Accor Advantage Plus,
Originally Posted by ntddevsys
If your refering to the "from the chairman" which was circulated amongst staff - no sorry I don't have a copy at the moment, but I'm sure one will show itself sooner or later (seeing it's pretty easy for staff to print the relevant page off the korunet).

I don't think it was particularly well worded - while change is important (particularly wrt Loyalty and customer recognition program enhancements and more emphasis on staff performance-based rewards), some may take it to say - disagree with us and your gone.
Yes I am referring to that memo, and yes that is apparently how it came across - my colleague saw it on the tele
Old May 21, 2006, 12:18 am

Heads in the Tasman clouds

The evidence doesn't back up Air New Zealand's bid for a code-share deal with Qantas. Garry Sheeran reports.

Fly to Sydney this week, and you'll struggle to believe Air New Zealand and Qantas need a cosy code-share deal to cope with competition on the Tasman route....
Stuff
Old May 21, 2006, 12:19 am

Air NZ job cut raises safety questions

New Zealand's aviation safety watchdog says it holds no fears regarding safety at Air New Zealand, despite the disestablishment of the chief electrical inspector's role at the airline.

Air New Zealand's former chief electrical inspector Garry House has been made redundant and says the elimination of his role could lead to safety issues surrounding aircraft electrical work....
TVNZ
Old May 21, 2006, 12:20 am

House of Travel founder sets up slow exit strategy

Chris Paulsen is succession planning at House of Travel, the travel agency he founded in 1987.

Paulsen has been the driving force behind the group, which now has 90 stores in 42 towns and cities around the country....
Stuff
Old May 21, 2006, 9:54 pm

Origin to launch Christchurch flights

Direct flights from Tauranga to Christchurch will begin next month - saving travellers time and money.

Origin Pacific Airways will begin the flights on June 28, plugging a gap in which Tauranga was a captive of Air New Zealand's link service. Fares will start at $290 return.

The Monday to Friday daily return service means Western Bay air travellers would no longer be forced to link into connecting flights at Auckland or Wellington airports to reach the South Island....
Bay of Plenty Times
Old May 21, 2006, 9:55 pm

EPMU and AIR NZ agree to drop court action and resume talks

A union representing Air New Zealand's cleaners - who are at risk of redundancy - is returning to talks with the company after dropping planned court action....
RadioNZ
Old May 21, 2006, 9:56 pm

Infratil fears for tourism

...Infratil, which holds a 66% stake in Wellington airport, says it agrees with Tourism New Zealand that the code-share arrangement will lower the number of weekly transtasman flights by about 10% from 242 to 219.

It also agrees it appears inevitable that air fares will increase and that fewer seats will be available at peak demand periods, with both carriers signalling an increase in load factors.

"Many would like to take a more optimistic view, but this represents a major shift in market structures that we will live to regret, if it is approved," Infratil says in an update to the market....
TVNZ
Old May 22, 2006, 2:32 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
AKL now A380 ready

(well runways are - ground handling would struggle)

NZ Herald

Auckland Airport has become the first in the country able to take the world's largest passenger aircraft, the Airbus A380.

Work on widening and lengthening the main runway was finished this week in a programme which began 15 years ago.

Old May 22, 2006, 2:48 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Origin expands

NZ Herald

Two years after nearly going out of business, regional airline Origin Pacific is expanding again.

The airline yesterday unveiled plans to launch a Tauranga-to-Christchurch service in June.

Passenger services general manager David Collier said the move signalled a renewed focus on building services around the country

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.