Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

The New Ultimate Seating Thread, version deux

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New Ultimate Seating Thread, version deux

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2010, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Domestic A320 Config

Just checked some future bookings and the A320 is showing on a domestic flight. Rows 1-12 are showing as Space+. Left hand side is showing as 34-33" while right side is 35-34".
Old Dec 16, 2010, 5:48 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Updated Also: http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/seat-...rbus-a320-171D
Old Dec 16, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: Air NZ Airpoints
Might not be totally on topic, but what does it mean if you can't select seats for a flight anymore? This is for an international flight in 04/11. It still shows my previous seat that I selected but now it doesn't allow me to change it. Possible change of aircraft type?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
What sort of fare are you on?

IF "Seat" or "Seat and Bag", Bruce Parton has indicated that elites will no longer be able to pre-select a seat.

One would presume existing allocations remain.

I do note that I am still able to select seats on a "Seat" booking I have for May.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:11 pm

It was booked as economy before the new fare structure, so it's "the works" I'm assuming. I don't remember exactly but I think the last time this happened my aircraft got changed and it went to a smaller aircraft unfortunately

Last edited by skyglow1; Dec 16, 2010 at 9:16 pm
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:25 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by skyglow1
It was booked as economy before the new fare structure, so it's "the works" I'm assuming. I don't remember exactly but I think the last time this happened my aircraft got changed and it went to a smaller aircraft unfortunately
Yep i've had that happen twice and both times it was equipment change, most recently it was also because of a full flight.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 11:42 pm

Programs: QF Platinum / LTS, Air NZ Gold Elite, Velocity Silver, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Rebound
Yep i've had that happen twice and both times it was equipment change, most recently it was also because of a full flight.
Yes - same for me. Has happened a few times and it takes some time before the flight opens up to allow you to select seats
Old Dec 17, 2010, 7:00 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
I'm on NZ108 which is a 763 in early Jan on Seat+Bag and still can select a seat.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 9:38 pm

So seat selection has reappeared again, and nothing has changed (phew! still a 777) except that now there are 2 rows of works deluxe seats that have come available. I'm tempted to select them but I'm afraid that if I do, and enough passengers purchase works deluxe fares before the flight, then I may be bumped onto somewhere random in Y. Would the middle seat even be blocked for me anyway if I selected those WD seats? (I'm on a works fare). Perhaps I'll wait until just before the flight to see what the seats are doing.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: NZG,QF S
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
I'm on NZ108 which is a 763 in early Jan on Seat+Bag and still can select a seat.
sssh! Think we can with Koru C do this until space + reappears.
In KC at mo.Food good.
Booked last night on seat & bag . Got into 2F which is still business class seat sold in Econ.
Now the challenge is to get back home for Xmas!!
Old Dec 20, 2010, 3:57 pm

Just seen the latest(?) Airpoints magazine and it mentions the seating changes that Bruce raised a few weeks ago.
All sounds good buy having dome 2E&F have to disagree with the article that says "For the best leg room: Row 2 DEF." - they referring to 320.

Anyway off soon for a break and a break means well away from desks and those computery thingees.
All enjoy the holidays (if you get them) and wish you all the best for next year.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 8:56 pm

Perhaps I've been hallucinating all along, but I swear that when I selected 19A on the 767 and checked it multiple times that it said 38" pitch. Now that I think about it, that sounds much too good to be true. Seat map is now showing 19A as having 32" pitch. Original post says that row 19 is the best. Is that still true?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:26 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by skyglow1
Perhaps I've been hallucinating all along, but I swear that when I selected 19A on the 767 and checked it multiple times that it said 38" pitch. Now that I think about it, that sounds much too good to be true. Seat map is now showing 19A as having 32" pitch. Original post says that row 19 is the best. Is that still true?
Just checked my booking as I had pre-selected row 19 on the opposite side of the plane by the emergancy exit and it is now saying 32
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by brenrox
Just checked my booking as I had pre-selected row 19 on the opposite side of the plane by the emergancy exit and it is now saying 32
32" I hope, and not row 32 !
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:32 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
32" I hope, and not row 32 !
ha yea 32" (but, have request in for u/g, so hopefully that solves all problems)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.