Pacific Express launch

Air NZ

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Pacific Express Fare Info

Pacific Smart Saver Fares

Pacific Flexi Saver Fares

Pacific Fully Flexi Fares

Pacific Business Class Fares

Introducing Air New Zealand's new Express service for travel to and from the Cook Islands, Fiji, Samoa and Tonga from 20 May 2004. Select from the menu options on the left to learn more about our fare types.

The Islands have never been closer!

You can save up to 50% with Pacific Express fares, and these everyday low prices are here to stay. Find out just how low Pacific Express fares are by using the fare finder to the right.

These low fares are available to and from the Cook Islands, Fiji, Samoa and Tonga from 20 May 2004.

Booking your Pacific Express fare online is fast, easy and affordable. And when you book your Pacific Express fare online, you won't have to pay a $25 service fee on each one way journey.

Ensure you select your fares carefully. Our one-way method of fare pricing means greater savings for you. But you'll need to understand the rules and conditions of the fare you purchase. You can choose from four different fare types. Select from the Pacific Smart Saver, Pacific Flexi Saver, Pacific Fully Flexi and Pacific Business Class links to find out more.

More Pacific Express Airfares

The following routes are for sale right now. Select a fare to book.

Code:

Selected Routes  Smart Saver  Flexi Saver  Fully Flexi  
  one way from  return from  one way from  return from  one way from  return from  

Auckland to Apia   $289*   $578*   $379*   $758*   $519*   $1,038*   

Auckland to Tonga   $199*   $398*   $279*   $558*   $409*   $818*   

Christchurch to Nadi   $279*   $558*   $359*   $718*   $489*   $978*   

Wellington to Rarotonga   $339*   $678*   $429*   $858*   $569*   $1,138*

Pacific Smart Saver Terms & Conditions

Pacific Flexi Saver Terms & Conditions

Pacific Fully Flexi Terms & Conditions

Pacific Business Class Terms & Conditions

* All fares quoted are in NZD and are exclusive of an insurance levy of $8 per sector, and a CAA passenger levy of $1.78 per sector and a government security levy (jet services only) of $2.50 per sector where applicable. Local airport charges may be collected at time of check-in. Additional taxes may also apply. Travel is valid from 20 May. Capacity is limited and fares are not available on all services. A return or onward ticket may be required to meet country entry requirements.

View information on Express Class fares for travel within New Zealand or Tasman Express Class fares for trans-Tasman travel.
</font>
Old Mar 2, 2004, 1:35 pm

With all of these Express fares popping up across the Tasman and now the Pacific, Air NZ is turning into a Virgin Blue or easyjet!

How long before Business class disappears from these short hauls?

------------------
Latitudes.

For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travels sake. The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilisation, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints.
Robert Louis Stevenson (18501894)
Old Mar 2, 2004, 4:50 pm

Location: Oz, Wales, Fiji. AirNZ Gold Elite, Virgin Australia Platinum, Qantas Gold, Hyatt and IHG Platinum.
Actually I think they're being a lot smarter than that... there is definately a market for business class on the trans-tasman and pacific routes, and what they're doing is cutting costs in other areas - sales, back office and operating costs, which are much harder to get under control than just cutting inflight service, as the US carriers are finding out. I think biz is here to stay on the pacific routes, along with the current food and drink offering in Y, because AirNZ have managed to get themselves into a position where they can offer these low fares in a sustainable manner (and well done to them!).

I've had a quick look at the fares on the AirNZ pacific site and I think they look great, biz class NAN-AKL is now F$666 one way, with smart savers at F$259 which is amazing (only about F$70 more than a o/w 1hr inter-island flight on Air Fiji or Sun Air). I think Virgin Blue are going to find it much harder to crack into the market with these kind of fares than say easyJet or Ryanair had it here in Europe.

Cheers, Zac

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.