Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recognition upgrade use criteria

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Hmmmm. The upgrades should clear in advance whilst still Elite IF upgrade space opens up before you drop to Gold. Once Gold, presumably you won't be looked at again until within 7 days of travel.

Whilst you are still Elite and before the drop to Gold, please note the robot will ignore more than 2 pax on a single PNR - NZ staff expressly advised me of this when we had 3 pax AJK-SIN in Dec and I was looking how best to apply upgrades. Their strong advice was that we needed to split-off our adult son from our booking and have him take his chances in terms of upgrade clearing (he is Elite Partner). Transpired that there were no upgrade slots available when upgrades were lodged nor were any released prior to the day of travel. In the end all 3 of us cleared in the lounge (Y-PE). Mrs TK and I around 3 hours before departure, son around 1 hour before.

Getting 5 upgrades to clear seems a long shot frankly…

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Mar 25, 2024 at 4:09 pm
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:16 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Hmmmm. The upgrades should clear in advance whilst still Elite IF upgrade space opens up before you drop to Gold. Once Gold, presumably you won't be looked at again until within 7 days of travel.

Whilst you are still Elite and before the drop to Gold, please note the robot will ignore more than 2 pax on a single PNR - NZ staff expressly advised me of this when we had 3 pax AJK-SIN in Dec and I was looking how best to apply upgrades. Their strong advice was that we needed to split-off our adult son from our booking and have him take his chances in terms of upgrade clearing (he is Elite Partner). Transpired that there were no upgrade slots available when upgrades were lodged nor were any released prior to the day of travel. In the end all 3 of us cleared in the lounge (Y-PE). Mrs TK and I around 3 hours before departure, son around 1 hour before.

Getting 5 upgrades to clear seems a long shot frankly…
Thank you TK.
Will make it three PNRs.
One for the PE child, the four SkyCouchers can be on two PNRs of two pax per PNR.
I'll be on a different aircraft different day so do not have to deal with the siblings if PE brother gets upgraded to BP while they are in Y

Totally with you on the long shot but, two years ago at same time of year, several in the family were unexpectedly upgraded at ckin or gate. Given I was E then as opposed to G this coming Xmas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.