Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air NZ Elite vs Gold benefits

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 5:12 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Regarding gifted RUs/EAPDUs. My ‘no status’ wife has generally had her upgrades clear along with me, including clearing immediately when there is upgrade class available. I recall the rules state that a gifted upgrade will be cleared ether with the status of GE member when travelling together, or at their own status if traveling without the GE member.

When exactly Elite upgrades clear is supposed to be determined quite simply (in theory); if upgrade class R (for biz) or A (for PE) is available when the upgrade is lodged then it’ll clear immediately. Otherwise the upgrades are queued and checked periodically by the ’upgrade robot’ which sweeps the queue and checks if any R or A class seats have been released and, if so, then clears the upgrade in queued order. Of course, AirNZ revenue control determines how many /A are released and when. And there are many reports of inconsistency of upgrades clearing. It is all so opaque that unless clearing immediately, one has no idea.
With your wife, was she on the same ticket? If someone is traveling with an Elite on the same ticket, they have the same priority as them and I use that to my advantage a lot, it's something I should have mentioned in my original comment.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 4:21 am

Some discussion here that One up bid from lower status may clear ahead of your hard earned RU.

One up clears before my RU

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.