Wiki Posts
Search

J Companion Fares to USA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2024, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints
J Companion Fares to USA

Curious to hear if anyone has had success purchasing J class companion fares to the USA.
The process, documented on their AirNZ website appears fairly laborious and suggests contacting the call centre twice.
I can't post links, but appending airpoints-companion-ticket to the base AirNZ URL will get you the instructions and likewise airpoints-companion-ticket-chart will show the prices for all classes and legs.
Based on the rates AKL-JFK for 1,950 Airpoints $ is a great deal!
I've enquired about availability about 4 times over the past couple of years and always been told that there are no companion fares available on the flight in question, even when booking several months out.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 5:01 am

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
From memory these fares pulled from R class, which is the same class as Elite upgrades.
There are normally very few of this fare class available..
Old Feb 4, 2024, 2:17 am

Managed to book a J class companion fare to ORD for Nov - tried for JFK but no R class +/- 2 weeks of preferred travel date meant not feasible.

It does pull from R class (same as Elite confirmed upgrades) so you need to get it done pretty far in advance or no chance - especially with premium heavy routes like JFK

It is a good deal but keep in mind 60 booking fee + taxes applicable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.