Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Menus 2024

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2024, 2:02 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by mad_atta
NZ PE food... OK I could see that, arguably. But NZ TT economy meals better than QF J? That's a big call! And definitely not one which would reflect my experience. My QF J domestic and Tasman meals have not been amazing, but they haven't been bad. Which is not something I could say of my last NZ TT economy meal.

Can you tell us more? Why were they so bad? Was there really not a single flight of the 8 that was OK?
QF Economy boxes of much make Noodle Canteen look 5 star
Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:55 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Originally Posted by mad_atta
NZ PE food... OK I could see that, arguably. But NZ TT economy meals better than QF J? That's a big call! And definitely not one which would reflect my experience. My QF J domestic and Tasman meals have not been amazing, but they haven't been bad. Which is not something I could say of my last NZ TT economy meal.

Can you tell us more? Why were they so bad? Was there really not a single flight of the 8 that was OK?
I had a lamb curry and rice, potato salad with a hot roll and ice cream last TT economy I did with NZ economy. It was tasty food.
Yesterday’s J offering from QF - ravioli- which was inedible. A salad which was - I kid you not - 3 pieces of cucumber, two half’s of a cherry tomato and an olive + stale bread and bar of chocolate for dessert. NZ economy was better. But accept that it can be a bit random.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 4:19 pm

Programs: Airpoints Elite
I can't remember the exact options, but had one dinner and one breakfast meal on a recent TT return trip from Chch to Sydney. The dinner was definitely a bit average (in fact I didn't want it, and offered to give my meal to a passenger a row across who was having a meltdown about not getting a meal as they didn't understand the seat/seat+bag/works concept, but the flight attendant said they couldn't do that as against policy so I ate it to not waste it) but breakfast wasn't bad for what it was. The breakfast tacos in the Sydney lounge beforehand were also rather tasty.

I've only flown Qantas TT once and the food was honestly inedible, as in wouldn't feed it to the dog territory. Last time I had a meal that bad was *I think* on Continental airlines about 15 years ago.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 2:29 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
I don't have a menu to share sorry but I flew PE to HKG recently and both meals were very good, some of the best food I have had recently with Air NZ and that includes BP
Old Mar 23, 2024, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

TT and Islands

Old Mar 27, 2024, 10:58 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite

NZ75 AKL-ICN in PE
Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:04 pm

Programs: NZ*G
Nz 8 akl-sfo

Lamb was okay. Took full advantage of the repeated rounds of the bakery basket. Finished the entire meal.

The ice cream was very nice. Soft and not too hard.

I got the potato hashcake for breakfast. Fairly disappointing and was not very nice. Did not finish it.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle

NZ75 AKL-ICN in PE

I opted for the pork for both.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:19 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
17 March NZ127 AKL to MEL 1.50pm departure, Business Premier.

Beef amuse bouche was dry and tasteless.

Sourdough was excellent; I wouldn't bother with the Parmesan rolls again.

Prosciutto etc was very nice.

The lamb was lovely; tender without being overcooked and mushy.

Panna cotta was tasty enough.

A nice way to burn a shorthaul upgrade rather than on my usual breakfast-timed flights.

Old Apr 11, 2024, 7:47 am

NZ78 from TPE to AKL.. Amazing pork belly and incredibly delicious chocolate desert.

Old Apr 11, 2024, 12:15 pm

Programs: airpoints silver
Was on the same flight. Had the seared halibut fish which was amazing.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by allergen
Was on the same flight. Had the seared halibut fish which was amazing.
The world is a very small place. After posting my photos on the way over somebody else sent me a PM to say they were on the same flight!
Thai-Kiwi and zqsn5678 like this.
Old Yesterday, 2:13 am

Programs: NZ*G
Nz 7 sfo - akl

Lamb with both salads

Poached eggs - these were excellent.
Flyerholic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.