Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Menus 2024

NZ23
Old Jan 5, 2024, 2:23 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
NZ6 on the 5th of Jan 2024.

Fantastic service, and food was excellent. I had the Lamb with Salad and then the overnight oats/omlette for breakfast.

Notably serving Coleraine 2015 as well as Cloudy Bay Chardonnay, Two Rivers Sav and I cannot remember the other red varieties. Chief purser brought a bottle over to me after introducing herself and said they have something special onboard.

mad_atta likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

4th NZ23 also had Coleraine 2015
Old Jan 5, 2024, 6:31 pm

Programs: NZ *G, AS 75K
PakNSave Breakfast smoothie

I flew NZ103, and I learned that their "breakfast smoothie" is actually just the $5.50 Apple Press Smoothie you get at Pak'n'Save (for the whole bottle, not just the tiny bit they give you).

Sadly the toast and egg frittata hasn't changed for 2024 either.

Old Jan 5, 2024, 7:21 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
I'm not here to defend NZ catering, but to be fair to Apple Press - I wouldn't call it a "Pak in Save" product - it's a respectable Hawkes Bay brand (I have no connection) that PaknSave stock; they do a quality product. I consider it a good choice for NZ.
WLG Base likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 12:53 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by nzjay
).
Sadly the toast and egg frittata hasn't changed for 2024 either.

So the difference between the Y & J frittata, is the J one is de constructed, and not in a box.

The description almost matches word for word, with the Y frittata on the Tasman, expect it’s all in one.

Old Jan 6, 2024, 3:57 am

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by bce1
I'm not here to defend NZ catering, but to be fair to Apple Press - I wouldn't call it a "Pak in Save" product - it's a respectable Hawkes Bay brand (I have no connection) that PaknSave stock; they do a quality product. I consider it a good choice for NZ.
I actually love the NZ breakfast smoothies in the morning, good to know where I can get it for home! I was actually a bit disappointed as I thought I'd get it on my recent overnight flight from PER to AKL, they said unfortunately just hot drinks!
Flyerholic likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 7:57 pm

NZ146 BNE-AKL 12Jan24

Note: The cheese and crackers did not seem to mark a appearance. Not sure if they weren’t loaded, or you had to request them. But not needed after all those courses for a short fight.

Still think NZ Should offer a express option for short Tasman flight flights under 3hrs. Doesn’t give you much time to reset / work on a short Tasman flight with the speed of there service.

Last edited by cavemanzk; Jan 11, 2024 at 9:03 pm
Old Jan 12, 2024, 8:33 pm

Nz9 hnl - akl pe

Brunch was par for the course.

The light afternoon meal was probably one of the better meals we have had for a long time. I had the chicken pasta and Mrs racekp had the pork belly and also said very nice.

Service has been great from Kyla in the PE cabin.

Last edited by racekp; Jan 13, 2024 at 9:05 pm
Old Jan 13, 2024, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
SIN-AKL 13 Jan NZ 283 Biz and PE

Just arrived off NZ283 in J (RU cleared), with 2 family sitting in PE (RUs failed).

Initially a bit of a rushed boarding, and no visit from ISM. Once post-departure drinks done ISM did pop over and say hello. J and PE cabins both full.

Business Premier

Veggie Laksa with pretty poor - 1/2 hard boiled egg, a few noodle, and one tiny bokchoy leaf.

Malaysian Chicken Curry was good.

I skipped dessert and nibbles some cheese. But after 3 weeks of eating in Vietnam and Thailand, I wasn’t that hingry.

The brekkie meal Chai Tow Kueh, which was also good.

Amuse bouche

Laksa

malaysian chicken curry

Singaporean Chai Tow Kuei

Premium Economy

Family enjoy both PE options. No brekkie pics from them.

Poached chicken salad

Malaysian Chicken Curry

Braised Beef
Old Jan 14, 2024, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by BZNZ
I actually love the NZ breakfast smoothies in the morning, good to know where I can get it for home! I was actually a bit disappointed as I thought I'd get it on my recent overnight flight from PER to AKL, they said unfortunately just hot drinks!
You must mean mini smoothies as NZ always has the glasses filled to 1/3...
Alertalias likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 11:36 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

Premium Economy

Family enjoy both PE options. No brekkie pics from them.
Did they get PE meals served with tinfoil on top still? That seems a little budget..
Old Jan 14, 2024, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Did they get PE meals served with tinfoil on top still? That seems a little budget..
Seems so….
Old Jan 14, 2024, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Think it’s due to they now changed the service flow, that you get everything on a single tray at once now?

It used to be the mains were brought out separately directly from the galley. I think they found this too slow on the 50 seat PE cabin on the 77W.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Think it’s due to they now changed the service flow, that you get everything on a single tray at once now?

It used to be the mains were brought out separately directly from the galley. I think they found this too slow on the 50 seat PE cabin on the 77W.
Yep, we were in PE on AKL-SIN in late Dec and everything came on a single tray per my post upthread:

racekp likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.