Community
Wiki Posts
Search

95 min I to D at AKL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2024, 8:13 pm

Programs: Airpoints Elite
Glad to see the international processing times are speeding up in Auckland.

Last time I went through there (mid last year) on a flight from Tokyo, we were almost one hour just to get bags on the carousel, then the same again to clear customs/immigration and biosecurity.

Wasn't a biggie for us (apart from having a tired baby who hadn't slept all night) as I had booked a separate connection with flexi fares for about 5 hours after we landed ... but my parents who were travelling with us on a single ticket had to boost it to make it in time.

Obviously you'll get rebooked if on a single ticket but it's still a pain.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 3:12 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
My recent experience was surprisingly positive - my delayed SYD-AKL touched down at 5.59pm and I had a 6.45pm domestic connection. I stepped off the plane 7 or 8 minutes later into a remarkably busy looking international terminal with streams of passengers seemingly pouring into the terminal from every gate, but with a fair bit of speed walking and weaving, no need to wait for a checked bag, and extremely quick immigration (kiosk) and customs/biosecurity (waved through the express lane) I was landside by 6.15pm, at Domestic by 6.25pm and in the regional lounge (which isn't behind security) by about 6.27pm. My domestic flight was delayed by about 15mins so I had time for a wine in the lounge. Apparently approx 15pax connecting from my international to my domestic flight, not all of whom were in business or travelling with no bags like me, and yet I assume they all made it across to domestic in well under an hour because the purser on the international flight said they were holding the domestic flight for us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.