Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ZK-OKU mini report

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 8:08 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
I just paid CAD$470 for BP seat 2K in November for IAH-AKL, when I checked back in January the price was $780. This ticket is an award booked using AC points. Only the broken seats are left - 1A has comments about IFE jacks not working, 1K comments about recline not working and 1D no recline plus other issues. Since I am 6'5" it was worth the extra for the seat, my wife will be in the regular business seat right behind me (she is much shorter than me), but if one of the other row 2 seats open up I will get her in BP too if she wants.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 8:47 pm

Programs: NZ GE, Marriot Platinum
Does anyone know if the leased plane has wifi, and how do the PE seats compare with AirNZ (same, better or worse)?
Old Mar 14, 2024, 9:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by MrLovebucket
Does anyone know if the leased plane has wifi, and how do the PE seats compare with AirNZ (same, better or worse)?
No wifi, have not flown airnz PE. You could look up reviews of the cx pe.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 9:03 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by MrLovebucket
No WiFi - well the plane has it fitted but it's a different platform and Air NZ presumably don't want to pay the huge $$$ for this. Lets see if anything changes when they have three of them..

PE seats are the same model as Air NZ just don't have the black leather (or cream leather like they're doing during the refurbs) and a few minor cosmetic differences.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 9:17 pm

Programs: NZ GE, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by sbiddle
No WiFi - well the plane has it fitted but it's a different platform and Air NZ presumably don't want to pay the huge $$$ for this. Lets see if anything changes when they have three of them..

PE seats are the same model as Air NZ just don't have the black leather (or cream leather like they're doing during the refurbs) and a few minor cosmetic differences.
Nice. That's pretty much what I figured regarding both questions, but nice to have confirmed here.
zoovet likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 9:28 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand
ZK-OKU has been swapped out from my upcoming AKL-MEL flight for a 787, my seat moved from Business Preferred to Business Derriere and my $105 refunded ...
Murihiku likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:54 pm

Several friends are also on the above flight, and with the reduction of seats, at least one has been bumped entirely. What is the system used by AirNZ to determine who gets bumped out of BP, and out of the plane altogether when the aircraft is downsized?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by kryptonjohn
Several friends are also on the above flight, and with the reduction of seats, at least one has been bumped entirely. What is the system used by AirNZ to determine who gets bumped out of BP, and out of the plane altogether when the aircraft is downsized?
Upgrades first.
Then some combination of booking date, status and fare bucket.

Last edited by nzkarit; Mar 18, 2024 at 2:31 pm
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by nzkarit
Upgrades first.
Then some combination of booking date, status and fare bucket.
+ tickets bought with APD.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:14 am

Programs: NZ*GE
So when ZK-OKU has been swapped out from AKL-MEL flights and vv where does it go?

Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by flykiwifly
So when ZK-OKU has been swapped out from AKL-MEL flights and vv where does it go?

Weekly and monthly maintenance?

Remember roughly for every flight hour there is a person hour of maintenance.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit
Weekly and monthly maintenance?

Remember roughly for every flight hour there is a person hour of maintenance.
Scheduled maintenance outage wouldn't have been available for sale. That plane will be flying another route for sure.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by kryptonjohn
Scheduled maintenance outage wouldn't have been available for sale. That plane will be flying another route for sure.
Looking at FR24 you can see where is has gone. Seems to be a very odd RAR & SYD, MEL, BNE turns. Like half a dozen this year
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:42 pm

Programs: NZ*G
My partner and I flew in the preferred seats recently from IAH in 1A and 2A.
Thought I would give an update as I was a bit nervous of what to expect given some of the comments over the past few months.

I can confirm that the IFE was working in all the seats in the preferred cabin. There were additional headphone jacks/adaptors being used as the normal NZ headphones couldn’t fit in the socket. The workaround seemed to work fine.

All seats were occupied in the cabin and reclined, but there was a bit of a problem with 1K still. It reclined flat, but the last bit of the foot rest wouldn’t raise up to make the bed full length. The crew spent about 5 minutes trying to get it to work but gave up in the end. The passenger in this case was a child so it didn’t really matter as they could fit on the part that did recline. It would have been a bit annoying for an adult I imagine.

There wasn’t a mattress topper used, but sort of a thick sheet put down, nothing as comfy as the normal NZ topper. But still given the extra width of the seat it was good for sleeping. The only thing stopping sleep was the crying baby in 2K but that’s the lottery you take, and well covered in other threads…..

We found the meal services quite slow. Not sure if they serve this cabin last, but there seemed to be quite a long period of time between setting up for meals and food arriving. We ate together for both dinner and breakfast and the table was much bigger and suitable than the normal NZ tables are for two. We thought the food was really good.

We were lucky to have two Elite RUs clear from a PE sale fare for this flight and then locked in the preferred seats at $590 each so we felt like we had great value for about $2,700NZD cash for a 14 hour flight.

All in all we were really happy with the flight and preferred seats.
altomatum likes this.

Last edited by MaestroNZ; Mar 28, 2024 at 2:10 pm
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by MaestroNZ
My partner and I flew in the preferred seats recently from IAH in 1A and 2A.
Thought I would give an update as I was a bit nervous of what to expect given some of the comments over the past few months.

I can confirm that the IFE was working in all the seats in the preferred cabin. There were additional headphone jacks/adaptors being used as the normal NZ headphones couldn’t fit in the socket. The workaround seemed to work fine.

All seats were occupied in the cabin and reclined, but there was a bit of a problem with 1K still. It reclined flat, but the last bit of the foot rest wouldn’t raise up to make the bed full length. The crew spent about 5 minutes trying to get it to work but gave up in the end. The passenger in this case was a child so it didn’t really matter as they could fit on the part that did recline. It would have been a bit annoying for an adult I imagine.

There wasn’t a mattress topper used, but sort of a thick sheet put down, nothing as comfy as the normal NZ topper. But still given the extra width of the seat it was good for sleeping. The only thing stopping sleep was the crying baby in 2K but that’s the lottery you take, and well covered in other threads…..

We found the meal services quite slow. Not sure if they serve this cabin last, but there seemed to be quite a long period of time between setting up for meals and food arriving. We ate together for both dinner and breakfast and the table was much bigger and suitable than the normal NZ tables are for two. We thought the food was really good.

We were lucky to have two Elite RUs clear from a PE sale fare for this flight and then locked in the preferred seats at $590 each so we felt like we had great value for about $2,700NZD cash for a 14 hour flight.

All in all we were really happy with the flight and preferred seats.
Great news! Have 1A booked for a few weeks from IAH and was worried about the IFE failure on my last flight in this seat - thanks for posting an update and glad most of the issues seem to be sorted now!l - hopefully nothing new arises

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.