Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ZK-OKU mini report

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2024, 1:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Flying Air NZ for the first time on this aircraft from IAH-AKL in j in early Feb, right now it shows the upgrade from reg J to the former CX 1st as 790 nzd, all seats still available. Should I expect this price to come down closer to the flight?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by slaw333
Flying Air NZ for the first time on this aircraft from IAH-AKL in j in early Feb, right now it shows the upgrade from reg J to the former CX 1st as 790 nzd, all seats still available. Should I expect this price to come down closer to the flight?
No it is fix priced addon AFIAK. Similar to seat, seat+bag, works and works deluxe.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by erayhorn
I wonder how they handle all the people that paid for Skycouch?
They refund the add-on and give you economy seats equal to the number of ticketed passengers.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by nzkarit
No it is fix priced addon AFIAK. Similar to seat, seat+bag, works and works deluxe.
Ah, that makes sense. I was hoping perhaps there would be a cheaper price at check in or something due to seeing cheaper prices for the upgrade to business preferred on the press release about the dry lease.
zoovet likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 6:31 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
I've had my Houston flight changed back to a regular 777 product so I won't get to try the leased Business product for now.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 12:55 am

Programs: air new zealand
It's a sad day for the Air New Zealand brand when people are more excited about flying on a leased aircraft than on an Air New Zealand aircraft.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 12:32 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
I have IAH-AKL booked for November and 1D is not available, which in prior posts has been noted as broken, maybe ANZ has decided not to fix, unless somebody already booked it, but 1K is available and has also been noted as broken.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 1:09 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by kathkiwi
It's a sad day for the Air New Zealand brand when people are more excited about flying on a leased aircraft than on an Air New Zealand aircraft.
Yeah Its very sad... I was siting on my BNE-AKL NZ J flight last week in a 77W in 2004 seat just wishing I had of been on the leased 77W.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 7:36 pm

My seat was automatically reassigned today due to 19k being inoperable on ZK-OKU... Sounds like quite a few in J.

Last edited by slaw333; Jan 31, 2024 at 8:00 pm
Old Feb 22, 2024, 1:31 pm

What's the rate being shown to upgrade for your November flight?
Old Feb 22, 2024, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by bballyork
What's the rate being shown to upgrade for your November flight?
This isn’t an upgrade per se, just a ‘Preferred Seat’.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
This isn’t an upgrade per se, just a ‘Preferred Seat’.
Sorry, I should have added more context and replied to the correct person. I understand that its a preferred seat selection. I'm currently booked in Business Class IAH - AKL in October. The preferred seat selection fee is showing me a price of $780. Anytime I see discussion around this fee, I see people noting that its less than $500, so I was curious what that other poster's fee was for his November flight.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 2:58 pm

Sorry, I should have added more context and replied to the correct person. I understand that its a preferred seat selection. I'm currently booked in Business Class IAH - AKL in October. The preferred seat selection fee is showing me a price of $780. Anytime I see discussion around this fee, I see people noting that its less than $500, so I was curious what that other poster's fee was for his November flight.
I've seen the price jump around, it was NZ$590 on my IAH-AKL flight - however I saw it go up to NZ$990 also.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Rebound
I've seen the price jump around, it was NZ$590 on my IAH-AKL flight - however I saw it go up to NZ$990 also.
Thank you. I am US based and I've seen others say that the price that is being shown for the fee is NZD, but everything I see as I go through the checkout process indicates USD. So for my date of travel its NZ$1258!
Old Feb 22, 2024, 3:02 pm

Thank you. I am US based and I've seen others say that the price that is being shown for the fee is NZD, but everything I see as I go through the checkout process indicates USD. So for my date of travel its NZ$1258!
My ticketing was from NZ - so that was my return leg - so I cannot comment how its being priced if US ticketed sorry - just noticed it was jumping around a fair bit - I did not actually buy the 'preferred' seat any any point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.