Search

Missing Airpoints Claim

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2023, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G
Missing Airpoints Claim

Kia ora all,
Has anybody else experienced a problem with this? I had a domestic flight back in July 2023 that failed to accrue any apd/sp. Filled out the online web-form a couple days later and got a popup saying that the booking was paid for with airpoints, which is not correct as a credit card was used over the phone.

I sent an email to flightcomment late July and got a reply a couple of weeks ago saying that the flight is out of the 6 month claim period, also not true as I claimed literally days after the flight.

Is there another method to contact Air NZ on this one? I have called multiple times and kept getting told "just leave it with me and I will contact the relevant team".

Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 1:38 am

Try Emailing the missing airpoints team at [email protected]
Old Nov 20, 2023, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
At the risk of a lesson in egg sucking…..

Have you verified your credit card transaction matches with the total amount shown on the e-tix payment section?

Was there any part-payment with a credit or Airpoints?
Old Jan 20, 2024, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by akl_cat
Try Emailing the missing airpoints team at [email protected]
Just hopping on this thread to say thanks for suggesting this contact email. I cancelled some domestic flights at the beginning of November that were part paid with airpoints and even though I got an immediate email confirming the refund was being processed, my points still haven't turned up back in my account. What a shambles
akl_cat likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by warberry
Just hopping on this thread to say thanks for suggesting this contact email. I cancelled some domestic flights at the beginning of November that were part paid with airpoints and even though I got an immediate email confirming the refund was being processed, my points still haven't turned up back in my account. What a shambles
Just note that you’ll earn much less (maybe only 20%) with a tix partially paid using Airpoints.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 11:12 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Just note that you’ll earn much less (maybe only 20%) with a tix partially paid using Airpoints.
What happens if you credit to a partner FFP?
Old Jan 20, 2024, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
I suppose in theory AirNZ should provide reduced mileage/points to the partner ffp - but I have no experience in this circumstance.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
When booked with points can you even do that?
Old Jan 21, 2024, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nzkarit
When booked with points can you even do that?
I asked many (13?) years ago to have AirNZ insert my TG*G status in the FQTS field, which was done. That gave me lounge access etc. No NZ status at the time.

Doubt they’d do it these days, much has changed.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
This was a refund of the points used to pay for the booking.

No response from air NZ 4 weeks after my email to them and many months after the cancellation. no excuse for this kind of cr*ppy service in 2024.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.