Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Unable to add Airpoints number to SQ booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2023, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*G

I have an upcoming flight with Singapore Airlines (booked directly on the SQ website).

When I went to add my airpoints number I got the following message saying my airpoints number is invalid.

Has anyone had this issue before, and if so, how can I fix it?

Old May 7, 2023, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is your name in the reservation and your name in the Air NZ Airpoints exactly the same? *exactly* - every letter - gap - spelling.
Cash ticket?
Just phone SQ.
Old May 7, 2023, 2:28 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Or does your AP number have leading zeros? I've found that often some airlines don't like zeros at the start. For example, if you AP number is 00012345, then just use 12345 and see if that works.
Old May 7, 2023, 2:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Is your name in the reservation and your name in the Air NZ Airpoints exactly the same? *exactly* - every letter - gap - spelling.
Cash ticket?
Just phone SQ.
Yep. Have flicked an email to the help centre
Old May 7, 2023, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LyingFlat
Or does your AP number have leading zeros? I've found that often some airlines don't like zeros at the start. For example, if you AP number is 00012345, then just use 12345 and see if that works.
Good point - however mine is just a 7 digit number (starts with a 4).
Old May 7, 2023, 4:53 am

Programs: NZ*G, MAR Titanium, HLT Diamond
Is this a redemption ticket? SQ won't let you update FFP number when it's a redemption ticket. Not even their call centres are allowed to change it.

Otherwise, I would put it down to NZ's system having problem connecting to StarNet lately. I have had issues with UA recognising my NZ status at times.
Old May 7, 2023, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Is this a redemption ticket? SQ won't let you update FFP number when it's a redemption ticket. Not even their call centres are allowed to change it.

Otherwise, I would put it down to NZ's system having problem connecting to StarNet lately. I have had issues with UA recognising my NZ status at times.
Nope it’s a cash ticket. Darn that’s annoying with StarNet - hopefully their help centre can manually update this for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.