Air New Zealand grounds two planes

Old Apr 21, 2023, 5:55 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Given the seating difference, I could imagine the CX 77W fleet being used mainly for high pax volume flights to Australia, and selected regional leisure destinations such as NAN, RAR, HNL, DPS.
I gusse it depends how many ex CX 77Ws that NZ is planning to get?

Pre 2020 it wasnt un common for a couple of 77Es just todo 4x short-haul sectors in a day.

SYD/MEL must be getting to a point that they need a wide body to be back on the early morning run. Which would free up 2x a321Ns if they did a 77W service, that left AKL around 7am. Doing AKL-SYD-AKL-SYD-AKL etc or MEL.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 8:55 pm

With the March numbers or today may be seeing the reduction. Compared with 2019 Marxh is down 7.4% while YTD is down 6.9% for available seat km domestically. Will interesting to see if available seat km keeps tracking down for the month vs YTD number

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.