Wiki Posts
Search

Carry on luggage and partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2022, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Carry on luggage and partner airlines

Any assistance appreciated.

Booked premium economy return flights London - Auckland with Air NZ. First flight is with Singapore and final flight with Virgin (other two Air NZ).

Ticket says “Air NZ baggage rules applies”. But on the carry-on section it only refers to the rules for “Air NZ operated services” and makes no reference to the others.

(The Air NZ carry-on allowance for premium is far better than Singapore and Virgin. And given the lost luggage problems I would like to avoid putting luggage in the hold.)

What will be the carry-on rules for each flight? Air NZ or the operating airline?

Thanks
Old Dec 27, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Carry on is always operating airline.

YMMV but for intercontinental flights in premium cabins I've never had carry on bags sized/weighed on any airline, including all of the ones you mentioned in your post
bctjd likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So LHR - AKL by SQ & NZ. Then AKL LHR by NZ & VS?
How much over the operating airline carry on limits will you be?
If getting all the boarding pass's at the start will be less interaction with other airline staff.
bctjd likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
So LHR - AKL by SQ & NZ. Then AKL LHR by NZ & VS?
How much over the operating airline carry on limits will you be?
If getting all the boarding pass's at the start will be less interaction with other airline staff.
it’s the max dimensions of bag for Virgin that troubles me - a bit smaller than the others. That’s the only issue I’m concerned about
Old Dec 27, 2022, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by samyoull
Carry on is always operating airline.

YMMV but for intercontinental flights in premium cabins I've never had carry on bags sized/weighed on any airline, including all of the ones you mentioned in your post
thank you- that’s helpful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.