Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Is > 15k the new normal business to London?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is > 15k the new normal business to London?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2023, 12:08 pm

On a random note, maybe try a star alliance RTW.? no that it will be cheaper but multiple destinations in biz for 12-15k nzd
Old Mar 16, 2023, 1:18 am

Programs: QF Plat (OWE)/NZ Gold (*G)
I think it’s really just air NZ

I just searched for some dates in December (e.g. 8/12 depart 1/1 return) on CX and found some availability in P and I class and was $10.5k NZD return for direct

Also 9/12 departure and 30/12 return

NZ/LH. NZ to ICN then LH to FRA/LHR for $8.8k

why anyone pays NZ’s crazy rates is beyond me. Especially since they can’t even justify that they fly all the way to LHR these days. It’s cheaper to fly NZ when ticketed by another carrier (AY/LH/LX etc) than it is to fly NZ + LH/AY/NZ on NZ stock. The only advantage to NZ stock would be on premium economy and you wanted to use APD upgrade/RU. But when buying business…makes no sense
Old Mar 18, 2023, 6:04 pm

Programs: *A NZ Gold Elite for over 20 years previously SQ PPS and UA 1K
Good prices in Business class to Europe

I find plenty of business class fights still widely available at good prices using ITA:

Its owned by Google you cant book on it, it just gives the fare construction to give to your agent.

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/search

Starts at $8k and runs upto $15k, dates are random ones

Europe Business class airfares from NZ in business class
Old Mar 18, 2023, 7:56 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kiwi_FF
I find plenty of business class fights still widely available at good prices using ITA:

Its owned by Google you cant book on it, it just gives the fare construction to give to your agent.

https://matrix.itasoftware.com/search

Starts at $8k and runs upto $15k, dates are random ones

Europe Business class airfares from NZ in business class
I've often found ITA to not be accurate with actual seat/fare availability.

For example using the above dates:
  • QR
    • ITA - $8,869
    • GDS - $9,880.59
  • MU
    • ITA - $8,951
    • GDS - sold out
  • KE
    • ITA - $9,816
    • GDS - $10,008.59
  • SQ
    • ITA - $11,849
    • GDS - $15,803.89
Old Mar 20, 2023, 5:33 am

Programs: some
I haven't *technically* flown ex-New Zealand for 15 years. All my tickets (at least pre-covid and soon again) are from cheaper locations (used to be CAI, then IST for a while) with a long 'stop-over' in New Zealand. I usually have 2 or 3 of these going at any one time.

Last edited by Fliar; Mar 20, 2023 at 5:34 am Reason: added the word 'technically'
Old Mar 21, 2023, 10:50 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Fliar
I haven't *technically* flown ex-New Zealand for 15 years. All my tickets (at least pre-covid and soon again) are from cheaper locations (used to be CAI, then IST for a while) with a long 'stop-over' in New Zealand. I usually have 2 or 3 of these going at any one time.
Great strategy.
Are your tickets booked on 086 stock?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.