Wiki Posts
Search

NZ and UA Fare Class Mapping

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2023, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
NZ and UA Fare Class Mapping

Company TA booked me a trip to ORD in early May via LAX inbound and IAH outbound - the AKL-LAX fare class is Y and IAH-AKL is H.

The UA sectors are also shown as H and B fares on the NZ ticket but when I look on the UA app they map to pretty low down discount economy fares (I was hoping for Full Economy SP rates for at least the flight in B, as I’m close to retaining Elite). Is this normal? In the past when I’ve had UA and NZ flights on a combined ticket the UA fare class on the ticket has always matched to the UA fare class on UA’s end/their app.

Last edited by NZ_Flyer; Mar 21, 2023 at 1:34 pm
Old Mar 21, 2023, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I flew AKL-LAX-IAD return last June. My SP/APD tracker shows the following regarding the UA sectors:

03 Jun LAX-IAD UA783 - W in NZ account statement / W on TA etix - 25SP (discount economy earn)
10 Jun IAD-LAX UA632 - H in NZ account statement / M on TA etix - 25SP (discount economy earn)
NZ_Flyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.