Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long hold when calling

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2023, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold

Two hours+ is utterly ridiculous for a supposed Elite priority….

Is there some extreme weather event that I am not aware of?
Ellice and greg23 like this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 3:36 am

Programs: NZ*E, Accor Plus Platinum
I’ve experienced exactly the same, the phone system recognises my elite status and at a minimum it takes at least an hour regardless of time of day.

Making matters even worse, when you have to spend hours on hold just to be told there is no R class availability for any of the dates you were checking, and the thought of having to call back again to check different dates!
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 2:26 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Took me 53 minutes today (also as Elite). At least I was given option for a callback (which I didn't opt for) and when I did get through, the operator was capable - unlike my many highly frustrating experiences with QF.
W126Pilot likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 3:16 am

Programs: A3 Gold; FB Gold; Hertz Gold
I have been calling for the past week or so -- at different times of day -- and giving up after more than an hour hold time at each call, but today got through in just 5 minutes as a non-Airpoints member at 10 pm New Zealand time, so things seem to be all over the place.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 12:58 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Hold times last week and the week prior seemed fine. I wonder why the sudden change and whether this is related to another sale being on?

If so it'd be really interesting to know what complexities are driving people to need to call short of every elite calling asking about A and R class? 🤣
Old Aug 22, 2023, 2:41 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Hold times last week and the week prior seemed fine. I wonder why the sudden change and whether this is related to another sale being on?

If so it'd be really interesting to know what complexities are driving people to need to call short of every elite calling asking about A and R class? 🤣
Only 5 minutes yesterday evening, much to my surprise. Ringing about passenger on booking needing assistance.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 8:53 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
Originally Posted by edmm
Only 5 minutes yesterday evening, much to my surprise. Ringing about passenger on booking needing assistance.
Yup, had a callback during business hours this week by the time I hung the phone up. Weekends don’t seem to be the same though - over an hour for callback recently.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 5:03 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Greg said to Mike Hosking that average waitng time was now 6 minutes.
Old Aug 25, 2023, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Markhm
Greg said to Mike Hosking that average waitng time was now 6 minutes.
Yes, that was reported in the presentation as well. I guess most folks are answered within 30 secs, and just a few of us outlier Elites waiting 2+ hours brings the average up….
flykiwifly and jeffrocowboy like this.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Yes, that was reported in the presentation as well. I guess most folks are answered within 30 secs, and just a few of us outlier Elites waiting 2+ hours brings the average up….
or perhaps many people hang up without resolving issue. 6 min is a long time when you’re busy.
Thai-Kiwi, Ellice, Markhm and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 4:44 pm

Programs: NZ Gold Elite, AS, AC, QF
Last week I had to call from Auckland and got rung back about 45 minutes later. Today I rang from New York (around 4am NZ time) and waited about one minute. The agent was earnest, but really struggled to process what I needed, which hasn't really ever happened before--the agents are usually so cluey.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 3:18 am

Programs: NZ*G

Today I needed to book AKL-YVR in PE but with sale on (expiring today) the only online options were class A non-refundable or exorbitant fully-flexi add-on, so I called to book (class O partial refundable outbound, J return). From 11:20am it took till 1pm to receive call-back, all sorted and no fee to book since the option was not available online. I guess inadequacies in the online booking system would add to wait times.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Callback took over 2 hours this morning. No idea what the heck is going on….
Old Sep 8, 2023, 8:33 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I needed to call this week to change a US domestic flight for next month (UA flight in NZ ticket - UA changed the flight time so you get a one time free change on the NZ ticket).

Tried several times on Thu and Fri during the day and gave up after 30 mins. Called around 5pm Fri and got answered in about 3 mins.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 10:15 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
I needed to call this week to change a US domestic flight for next month (UA flight in NZ ticket - UA changed the flight time so you get a one time free change on the NZ ticket).

Tried several times on Thu and Fri during the day and gave up after 30 mins. Called around 5pm Fri and got answered in about 3 mins.
Side note: I know you get this “free time” change.. but is there rules on what is acceptable or allowed for this change I.e 10min flight re schedule could you use that to change to another flight ? This has happened to me after plans changed sometimes another time is more convenient but I’ve never tried with such short changes - cheeky but handy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.