Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Air NZ App

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2022, 9:39 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Is this a QF feature or a One World feature? Does *A have the supporting infrastructure for this? This would have to be driven from *A not AirNZ I would assume?
Not entirely sure. Could also be an Amadeus feature that both QF and MH use. I wish the new NZ app could be more integrated in terms of partners. For example, being able to order a coffee in the lounge when taking a partner flight. Also as I have found many times, when there is a schedule change to a partner flight, NZ app sometimes doesn't automatically update.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 11:55 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
QF app has the ability to show partner bookings made with no relations to QF. I recently booked a Malaysia Airlines flight that has nothing to do with QF (a standalone Malaysia domestic flight). I am surprised to find that it shows up on my QF app purely because I entered my QF number in the booking. I wish NZ could have this function that consolidates all *A bookings regardless of where you book them.
NZ has its own reservation system (one of the few that are still holding onto history) which at times does limit them, but then allows them to sell there non standard products e.g Seat2Suits, SkyCouch etc
Old Oct 14, 2022, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
NZ has its own reservation system (one of the few that are still holding onto history) which at times does limit them, but then allows them to sell there non standard products e.g Seat2Suits, SkyCouch etc
CARINA is AirNZ’s system
Old Oct 14, 2022, 1:27 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Also as I have found many times, when there is a schedule change to a partner flight, NZ app sometimes doesn't automatically update.
This is because the ticket auto-revalidates the applicable sector in the OAL's reservations system. Sometimes this results in the sector not showing as "ticketed" in Carina (this is ok from a ticketing perspective). As it's not "ticketed", the new flight time will not pull through to the app. You can call to ask NZ to reissue the ticket which will change the sector to "ticketed" in Carina which will result in the app updating.

Have a similar thing have a UA PNR for a NZ ticket stock trip.

In UA app doesn't have the initial WLG-AKL sector but has the AKL-WLG on the return 🤷‍♂️
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
There isn't an issue for tickets issued directly by NZ (i.e. through the contact centre or on their website). This is because the flights are ticketed directly in the NZ PNR and in Carina. As such, all flights on the itinerary will show on the app.

The issue with OAL sectors showing occurs when you have an NZ ticket (086 stock) issued by an agency or an OAL ticket issued with an NZ sector. In these situations, for departure purposes, NZ only need to know which flights a passenger is connecting immediately from/to. Here are some examples (of course this is greatly oversimplified...):
  • MEL-QF-SYD-QF-AKL-NZ-LAX-UA-LAS
    • In this situation, only the SYD-AKL and LAX-LAS flights will be in the NZ PNR as info-sectors and therefore will show on the app. This is because these are the flights connecting immediately to/from the NZ sector (AKL-LAX).
  • AKL-NZ-YVR-AC-YMQ (3 day stopover) - AC-LHR
    • Only the YVR-YMQ flight will show on the app for the same reason above.
However for both of the above scenarios, if these were issued directly by NZ through the contact centre or online, all flights will show on the app as they've been booked in Carina.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Old Oct 14, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Hahaha, thank you for the laugh.
Not much has changed.

NZ's booking engine is the worst for flight options when compared to say UA.
Who actually wants to call in? Very few.
If NZ had a better online system they could eliminate so many inbound calls, frustration and therefore deliver a better experience for all
Old Oct 30, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
I just got in this weekend as part of Android update. It just seems to be a new skin. It diverts to exactly the same mobile webpage https://flightbookings.airnewzealand...vmanage/action

Seriously underwhelmed. Can't see it does anything new? Except I have to add my saved card again seems to have wiped that

Does anyone know if it offers any new actuall functionality?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I don't think there is any new functionality. It's primarily a complete rewrite of the old code so it is easier to maintain and add new functionality.

Some key features that to me are a deal breaker are missing - widgets (on Android) being one.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
They need to improve the partner award booking portal. It’s like something from pre historic times. Maybe that’s deliberate.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 5:36 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I don't think there is any new functionality. It's primarily a complete rewrite of the old code so it is easier to maintain and add new functionality.

Some key features that to me are a deal breaker are missing - widgets (on Android) being one.
So at this stage Much Ado About Nothing then, would have been nice if instead of focusing on PR on social media they actually added something useful
Old Oct 31, 2022, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by oranjemakker
So at this stage Much Ado About Nothing then, would have been nice if instead of focusing on PR on social media they actually added something useful
If you want new features they need to replatform first.
codyc1515 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 6:19 pm

If you want new features they need to replatform first.
Yes understand that, but surely you would add some new features first, or at least before you trumpet in the media a "new" app that doesn't do anything new.
Can't expect all customers to understand coding
Old Nov 3, 2022, 12:21 pm

Grumble
* No widget
* Flight details one click deeper
* Didn't test the UI using largest font size and largest display size settings, so clipping and weird alignment all over the show
Old Nov 5, 2022, 1:19 am

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Am I totally dim? My app looks no different, have updated from the apple store?
Old Nov 5, 2022, 1:28 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JANZFlyer
Am I totally dim? My app looks no different, have updated from the apple store?
Just updated from Apple App Store. Definitely different on the Flights tab. No change on the Airpoints tab.

Last edited by WLG Base; Nov 5, 2022 at 1:35 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.