Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Best way to contact air nz? Call centre clogged

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to contact air nz? Call centre clogged

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2022, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
There are no issues lodging RUs on a flight booked by a TA.

I'm not sure why anybody with a flight booked by a TA would be calling Air NZ directly about a booking - in most cases Air NZ can't touch or make changes because a TA is just that - an agent you've engaged to handle your booking for you.
Are you saying that TA's can lodge an RU for you if, for example, the website was not allowing it?
Old Oct 30, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by codyc1515
Are you saying that TA's can lodge an RU for you if, for example, the website was not allowing it?
Yes, and it's sonething I'd expect them to do after all you've chosen them to be your agent and they're getting paid commission for the booking.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
As a reference point to the above, QF seem to have resolved their calling centre issues at least for Elites. I have had to call them a few times over the past few weeks to make changes I was not able to do online and answered within a few minutes, and the calls were at different times of the day. They seem to use a South African calling centre for flights that have an international leg.

One does wonder if its all due to their being some genuine competition in Australia from Virgin, keeping Qantas at least somewhat on their toes
Old Nov 6, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Gave up after 90 mins on hold, went to bed and called back 6:30am PST (3:30am NZT) and got through in 2 mins, all I need to do is change an outbound departure date for one my kids, so simple but cannot be done online:

Last edited by taupo; Nov 7, 2022 at 7:49 am Reason: Pax name in image
Old Nov 18, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA MM etc
On hold for 3 hours, 11 minutes. Only want to sort out conflicting info on ANZ website about whether *G (as UA Platinum) V-class (econ) ticket gets 1 checked bag or 2. The ANZ "checked-in-baggage" page and my ticket say 1, but when I booked the ticket the booking page said "...Star Alliance Gold or Koru members are entitled to 1 checked bag in addition to the standard allowance (to a max of 3 checked bags)."

drumroll please, the answer is that *Gold = 2 bags and the info on the eticket and ANZ website are wrong--or misleading, at best.

Last edited by brhacker; Nov 18, 2022 at 7:41 pm
Old Nov 18, 2022, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brhacker
On hold for 140 min so far...patience wearing thin. Only want to sort out conflicting info on ANZ website about whether *G (as UA Platinum) V-class (econ) ticket gets 1 checked bag or 2. The ANZ "checked-in-baggage" page and my ticket say 1, but when I booked the ticket the booking page said "...Star Alliance Gold or Koru members are entitled to 1 checked bag in addition to the standard allowance (to a max of 3 checked bags)."
The ticket will have the standard allowance. On the day of travel passenger could have lower status, same status or higher status, The status on the day of travel determines benefits. Would be complainants galore if a pax booked a ticket, later got higher status and then on day of travel could not receive those increased benefits:- seat selection, lounge access, baggage etc
Old Nov 18, 2022, 8:37 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
As already mentioned the ticket only shows the standard baggage allowance for the flight.

On the e-ticket it explains the baggage policy in detail and benefits to all HVC *A / NZ customers with status and that these are in addition to the baggage limit shown.

"Airpoints Elite, Gold, Star Alliance Gold and Koru Club with checked baggage are entitled to one additional piece without charge when travelling in Economy or Premium Economy on Air New Zealand ticketed and operated flights. This offer is not applicable to fares which do not have a baggage allowance e.g. 'seat only' fares"

This should have been pretty clear so I'm not sure what is misleading about the app or website.

It sucks that wait times are so bad but once again yesterday there were massive disrupts which are causing total chaos.
​​
Old Nov 19, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: UA MM etc
The source of confusion is this:

1) The text on my e-ticket is different than written above:
Star Alliance Gold members including Air New Zealand Elite and Gold members are entitled to one additional standard piece of checked baggage without charge on all Star Alliance flights, where the ticketed itinerary has two or more Star Alliance airlines.
2) The ticketing webpage(s) at the time of ticketing did not include this caveat.

I'm only flying ANZ, so no extra bag?
Old Nov 19, 2022, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by brhacker
The source of confusion is this:

1) The text on my e-ticket is different than written above:
Star Alliance Gold members including Air New Zealand Elite and Gold members are entitled to one additional standard piece of checked baggage without charge on all Star Alliance flights, where the ticketed itinerary has two or more Star Alliance airlines.
2) The ticketing webpage(s) at the time of ticketing did not include this caveat.

I'm only flying ANZ, so no extra bag?

You should be entitled to an extra bag per *A protocols.

The full text of my e-tix AKL-SIN-AKL text reads similarly:

Frequent Flyer information

Air New Zealand Koru members with checked baggage are entitled to one additional piece without charge when travelling in Economy or Premium Economy on Air New Zealand ticketed and operated flights. This offer is not applicable to fares which do not have a baggage allowance e.g. 'seat only' fares.

Star Alliance Gold members including Air New Zealand Elite and Gold members are entitled to one additional standard piece of checked baggage without charge on all Star Alliance flights, where the ticketed itinerary has two or more Star Alliance airlines. This offer is not applicable to customers travelling on fares which do not have a baggage allowance e.g. 'seat only' fares.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Nov 19, 2022 at 11:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.